Chapter 06 | A different type of beautiful.

(Edited)

_______

Damien's POV 

________

   The drive home was quiet and awkward with just a few glances here and there from my brother and Her. My brother is the type of guy to speak his mind, anything he thinks he says. The phrase 'Think before you speak' does not relate to him at all and that's why we're always arguing even if he was miles away from me.

When I saw him making physical contact with Emma, I got mad, why? well because knowing him, he might want to make a move on her now that he's back.

If I do remember, he used to have the biggest crush on Emma back when we were little, that every time she was ill or upset he'll buy her flowers and her favorite candy to later spend the whole day with her.

"When is your wedding?" Jake asked as we made our way inside the house. He was beside me with his luggage on hand while Emma was still next to my car. I told her to follow along but as stubborn as she is, she refused to.

"We haven't decided the date yet," I responded while opening the door and walking inside.

"Why? you haven't had time to sit with her and talk or you haven't had the dignity to do so instead of just leaving everything on her," He sneered and I was stopped on my tracks. I rolled my eyes and turn to face him.

"Listen, you don't just come here and start bitching about something that doesn't concern you so shut the fuck up and leave me and my problems alone," I growl as I look at him straight in the eyes.

He chuckles meaningless and shakes his head."I see... she's a problem.." He emphasizes the word problem as his eyes darken."A problem you don't want to deal with isn't that right? brother,"

My jaw clenched in anger and my chest was rising up and down heavily."Drop it, Jake,"

"I'm back not just because I missed my family... but because I missed her," He muttered."I still love her Damien... and I know I was being a coward all of these years but I've come to realize that-"

"She's my Fiance now... and I don't want you near her," I cut him off.

"You can't force me to do so, we were childhood friends Damien," He shouted mad as his turn his hand into fists beside him.