Chapter 17 | Distractions 🔹 part II

_________

(Edited)

_________

Damien's POV  

  I felt my body tingling with adrenaline as I'm about to race Jace. I noticed, by the corner of my eyes, he was looking at me with a smirk plastered on his face. His eyes show determination and darkness. I know if I win this, he'll get his mans to beat the shit out of me later. Guess that's what a coward would do. He'll let other take care of his unfinished business like a spoiled brat.

I didn't have another option but to race Jace. Although it'll be easy to win he knows me and he knows my car by now so hopefully, he won't take that as an advantage.

The second my eyes land on Emma, roughly about twenty minutes ago, my heart drop but I immediately cover it up. I don't want her to know she can make me go vulnerable to her presence and less likely in places as dangerous as this.

I find myself in a position whether to let her consume me in every way possible or completely shut her out. Usually, that's what I do to people, and I'm not going to make an exception for her.

"Are all of you f**kers ready for this shit?!" Gerald says through the micro.

The crowd goes crazy and they all screamed excitedly. I rolled my eyes at the annoying sound of the girl's scream and roll up my window. The sound barely audible now.

"At my right, we have The king itself JACE," Gerald points to the right we his usual spin and everyone cheers once again.

Jace just smirks and looks my way as if saying "beat that". I sighed annoyed at his cockiness and faced front.

"And to my left the one we've all been waiting for a long time.... BLUE DEVIL." Everyone cheered even higher.

Not going to lie but I am the best.

I pay no attention to the cheers and keep my eyes on the open road in front of me. It wide and Smooth. The sky is a mix of dark blue and shades of yellow. The sun is about to go up in about one hour and a half.

"Are you ready?!,"

Both Jace and I roar our engineers as a signal to the word "yes".

A girl in a mini skirt and bra walks to the middle with a green flag on her hands.

"Get set.."

She swings the green flag up and down slowly and looks at me a naughty look. All I do is smirk.

I tighten my grip on the steering wheel and I had a scowl on my face. I looked over at Jace and he too had a look of determination on his face.

"GO!" Gerald says and the girl in between the cars waves the flag.

I pressed the accelerator and off I go. The speed making the flesh in my face tug back. The adrenaline in my body consuming my every thought.

This was the most amazing feeling. I felt powerful whenever I raced. The tires cruised down the open road, smooth and fast.

Jace was near behind me. All of a sudden he speed past me. His tires screeching when he made a curve, leaving clouds of dust behind.

I slammed my feet on the pedal to go faster and quickly catch up to Jace.

Now we were both on the same path. Speeding up trying to win each other off. His eyes caught mine for a quick second before I speed up in front of him.