Chapter 27 | cuddles

_________

(Edited)

_________

Emma POV

"I'll see you later James," I waved goodbye to him as I twist the doorknob.

We finally came up with something for our project and I feel like it'll get us a lot of points.

"Wait, now that I noticed the date, isn't your birthday in a few days." He says spinning around.

I looked at him perplexed." what's today?"

"Today is the 12th of October," he says looking at the monitor of his computer.

"Gee all this wedding planning is making have memory loss." I try to laugh it off but the truth is that I don't really like celebrating or making a big deal out of my birthday. It really isn't my scene.

"Emma Honey, who in their right set of mind would forget the glamorous day they were born on.," he says in a matter of fact.

"Well looks like I'm the first one to do so."

"I'll inform everyone about this! We have to celebrate!" he smirks.

"No! Please umm, I don't want you guys to bother with anything.." I tried to sound convincing but he wasn't buying it.

He sighed and stood up walking over to me. He was at least one head taller than me, therefore he towers over me. He placed both of his good care hands on my shoulders and leaned down to look at my face to face.

"Stop being so stuck up and boring.. we are so going to party on your birthday. When is it specifically? I always get the number mess up?"

I sighed and held back an eye roll. "The 14,"

"Great I'll call everyone and we'll have a small gather at your new apartment which I'm crazy to see already!" he says evidently excited.

****

"I'm home!" I say when I walked into the apartment.

There was an eerie quiet. After all, Damien told me he wasn't going out tonight. I wonder if he was actually saying the truth. I hang my jacket on the hangers and walked across the living room and into the hallway that led to our bedroom.

The door was semi-closed, the little space between the door and the door frame allowing me to see Damien Laying down on the bed.

I walked in quietly and noticed he was peacefully asleep. I chuckled lightly at his adorable way of sleeping. He didn't have a shirt on and was only wearing grey sweatpants. He was laying on his stomach, therefore, his back was the one being display, although it was an amazing view due to his back well-defined muscles. I feel like running my hands up and down his amazing looking back but I retain myself, shaking my head I walk to the bathroom where I take a shower and brush my teeth.

I wrap a towel around my shivering body and another on my wet hair. I opened my drawer and my eyes scan the inside for something comfortable to sleep on. I bit my bottom lip as an idea came to mind.

I pushed my drawer closed and walked over to Damien's. Opening it just To see a great variety of shirt that for sure will fall way below my tights. Yet again, they all smelled like him and seemed pretty comfortable. I wonder if he wouldn't mind if I put one on.

My hands wrapped around a light grayish one that had some unknown writing on it. I looked at it debating whether or not to put it on.

"Put it on already, I'm sure it'll look more than great on you," Damien's voice startled me. I spin around quickly and I'm met with his beautiful brown eyes glaring at me. He was a little tilted to the right, contemplating me.

"Sorry I was.. looking for..something comfortable," I say as I put the shirt back in the drawer.

He let out a breath and swing his leg off the bed, walking over to where I was standing. He grabs the shirt I was previously debating to put it on or not and handed it back to me. "Here,"

"I'll just put one of my own-," His lips met mine. Silencing me, it took me by surprise but it was just a quick kiss.

"Just put the damn shirt on," He chuckled and walked back to the bed acting all casual while my cheeks were heating.

I looked down at the shirt and a small smile appear on my lips. I sighed and walked into my closet to put it on.

Like I said earlier, the shirt came a little under my tights so I decided not to put shorts on.

"Come out already I want to see you," Damien called out, laughing at the end.

I took my hair out of the towel and it fell like a waterfall behind my back, still a little bit damp from the shower. I closed my eyes and took small breaths in before my legs started moving and out of the closet I go.

Damien wolf whistle my way as I walked to the bed. I rolled my eyes but couldn't hold back the giggles that left my lips.

"You should wear my shirts more often," He smirks.

"We'll see," I say as I crawled beside him, laying down.

I turned the lamp off and rolled over to the side, my back facing him.

It was quiet for a few moments until he spoke up. "Emma?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you come closer?" He asks softly. I stiffen, but seconds later reacted by pushing myself back a little until I stopped when I felt the heat radiating off his body.

"Is this good,?" I asked embarrassingly.

"scoot over a little more,"

When I did he wrapped his arm around my small waist pulling me even closer to him. I stiffened because I didn't know how to react. "Damien.." I trailed off.

"Can I hold you until I fall asleep?" He asked.

I stood quietly for a couple of minutes but later I nod my head slowly because knowing me if I didn't allow him to, I'll probably regret it later.

I turned to face him and his face was just inches away. I could feel his breath hitting my lips. I sighed and rested my head on his chest and placing my arm around him. He tightens his arm around me and His lips pressed on my hair, leaving a small gentle kiss.

"Next time, don't ask," I say as my eyes began to close slowly.

"I won't," He says softly.