Chapter 14 | Distractions 🔹Part I

For those of you that haven't watch the trailer for this book here, it is ^! 

_____________

(Edited)

_____________

Emma's POV

"Emma? please open the door," A voice wakes me up. My eyes open slowly and I try to remember where am i.

My back hurts as well as my neck. I guess the tub wasn't a good place to sleep on.

"Emma are you awake? please open the door I need...to speak to you," He says behind the door. His voice cracked in between.

"There's nothing to talk about," I replied my voice hoarse from crying.

Silence filled the air. I heard him groan to later walk away.

I plump my shoulders and breath out.

I pull myself up and walk over to the mirror. I looked horrible. I felt a strong sensation of deja vu as I'm standing in front of the mirror. my mind takes me back to the time of the engagement party and the events that happened over there.

I turn the water on and splash some of it on my face. The cold sensation of it making me feel a lot much better. I look for the towel under the sink and dry myself with it.

"Fine if you don't want to come out..I'm going to go ahead and say it.." he trailed off.

"Say what exactly? You don't have to explain anything to me." I say coldly.

"Yes, there is. That text didn't mean anything." He says and I laugh.

"God, you're sound so pathetic saying that... you think I'm dumb? Because I'm not. I wasn't born yesterday so go ahead and try harder." I say, sliding on the floor against the door.

"You're being such a bitch right now. I'm over here trying to apologize and the only thing you do is to start offending me without listening to me first." He says and I hear him punching the wall.

"So you think is not offensive for me to see you try to get to me when yet you still have her on your phone texting you stuff like 'text me when you're have done with her' how is that supposed to make me feel?! i;m not your toy and the only reason I'm here is because our parents are forcing us to..." I yelled to the door. That was my breaking point, the little patience I had for him is all vanished. He stood quietly.

"just leave me alone... don't try because I'm not opening this door until I know you're no longer there," I said or almost whispered.

This is so frustrating so irrational I don't want to continue to do this. This isn't what my future is supposed to look like. I need some fresh air, I need to get out of here.

"Fine." He finally says. I heard him walked away and the front door slamming closed.

I slowly stand up and cracked the door open just to make sure he actually left.

I walked out of the bathroom and into the room. My eyes widen at the sight in front of me.

Everything was a huge mess. The bed sheets were on the floor there was glass scattered all around. The flowers my mom bought as a gift for my new apartment were all ruined and the curtains were off. It was dark out still so it must be around three am or something.