Chapter 24 | The Black pit we fall into

Book opening 

_________

(Edited)

_________

 " And I wanna kiss you, make you feel alright I'm just so tired to share my nights I wanna cry and I wanna love But all my tears have been used up,"  

Another love, Tom Odell. 

Damien's POV 

 "She looks beautiful tonight," I breathe out. My eyebrows creased together as I look at the crowd of people at the one girl who's managing to break down the walls I've built up in my heart all of this years. 

"Just tonight?" Michael says beside me. He was leaning against the bar counter. I watch as he takes a sip out of his whiskey glass and slides in the counter to the bartender. 

"Always," I say under my breath. My eyes glued to her, she was just casually looking everywhere looking like a lost puppy. A smile crept its way into my lips as I watched her. 

"Is that a smile I see?" Michael teases, punching my right shoulder a little too hard. 

My smile vanishes turning it into a scold. "No.," I say turning my back to her. 

"Come on man, you know you can't lie to me." He says. 

"What am I lying to you about?" 

"Your feelings for her are starting to blossom," He says and makes a blossom gesture with his hands. 

I shake my head and laughed. "You're imagining things again," 

"No, I'm not you're just too stubborn to realize it," 

Maybe he was right but I didn't want to admit it.

"Stop being so noisy about it dude," I said annoyed at him already. 

"I'm your best friend, I'm supposed to be noisy about it." I turned to look at him and he had a smirk on his face to which I just rolled my eyes to. 

"Fuck off," I snickered. 

"Are you the ocean? because you're a bit, salty mate." He laughs. 

I shake my head but can't help to hold back a laugh. My eyes spot a familiar female figure making her way towards me. Glancing at her with a smug look I took in her black lace dress, her shiny icy blue eyes and her slim short figure. Her eyes looking back at me witch naughtiness behind them.  Even with her black mask on it was noticeable. 

"Damien," She says getting as close to me as possible. She places her hand on my chest and gives me a kiss on the cheek. The smell of her perfume embracing me in its path.