Chapter 25 | two weeks

Book opening

Honestly, I can't believe this book has gotten so many reads. 15.8k?!? Seriously that's just amazing guys. Thank you all so much I really can't believe it and I feel really proud of myself for this accomplishment.

_________

(Edited)

_________

Emma POV

"The wedding would be in 2 weeks," my mom finishes off.

My eyes widen and the fork I was holding in my hand falls on my plate, making an obnoxious sound.

"Mom I thought I told you I was going to pick the date!," I claimed.

She looks at me taken aback by my sudden reaction but her features relax and are mask by a grin. 

"Honey the faster the better yeah?" she says smiling widely at me.

I shake my head perplex at her. This morning she called Damien and me for Breakfast. I thought it'll be just a nice meal but it turned out to be a plan between Mrs.Lockwood and my mom to talk about the wedding.

"Emma aren't you excited that you'll be able to have our last name?" Mrs.lockwood grins.

I turn to look at Damien for help but he's currently stuffing his face with chocolate cake. I roll my eyes and turn my attention back to his mom.

"Yea I guess," I say through greeted teeth.

Don't get me wrong. I did tell Damien I had feelings for him last night but I'm still really insecure about this marriage. I'm young I'm supposed to be, don't blame me.

"Exactly so you shouldn't act so surprise if we just rush the wedding by a little bit," she says like it was the most casual thing to say.

"I mean Mrs. Lockwood we haven't even check out the place where we're supposed to get married," I say in an obvious tone.

Both of the middle age ladies laugh and I looked at them confused.

"What's so funny?"

"Honey I thought you knew that we already got the place a hundred years ago!" she shrieked.

"What? When?," I stand up from the chair. Damien finally snaps his head up and if the situation was another one I'll be laughing at the fact that his face is cover in chocolate.