Chapter 09| Amends

1.3k reads! Thank you guys so much. 

______

(Edited)

______

Emma's POV

I immediately dial Damien's phone number. how is the freak he going to just randomly call me and tell me we have a date? Who does that? 

*ding ding* Damien does. 

He's so unpredictable and rude, I swear. I press my ear against the phone and patiently wait until he answers. After three rings, I hear his accent voice on the other side of the line saying "Hello,"

"Can you stop being so rude? And stop making plans without asking me first." I immediately say.

"Why to ask? when either way is your commitment as a fiance to go and have dinner with her soon to be husband?" he replied, laughing mischievously. 

"this a fake marriage if you didn't know that so you don't get to order me around the way you're doing." I walked down the hall that led to the back garden. 

"God, Emma, you make life too complicated., I was trying to make amends to you by going to eat tonight but I see.."

"You're the complicated one here! some days you treat me like trash and others you act nicely out of nowhere," 

"I said I wanted to make amends with you," He retorted. I heard him let out a frustrated sigh before saying "Are you having dinner with me tonight yes or no?" 

I walked around the back garden and into the familiar path that led me to the swings. My eyes found Jake sitting on one of the swings with his back to me. He didn't know notice my presence since he didn't turn to look at me. In the gardens, I am greeted by the aroma of the roses. the aroma is like a time machine, giving me a flooding memories of my childhood days. Right on these sides of the garden. 

"Emma? are you there?" Damien's voice snaps me back to him. 

"Yes I'm here and yeah I'll go only if at  8, not 7," 

"Whatever, not more than that." 

"Yeah Yeah, goodbye I have to go get ready." I lied.

he hung up.

[A/N: Play the song now. click on the video on top]

I rolled my eyes and strode over to the swings."Hey kiddo," I smiled at him. He snaps his head up and gave me a smile that barely reached his eyes.

I sat on the swing next to him and started swinging slowly. Jake stood quietly just looking at the ground. The tension between us was too much, I didn't like it.

"Listen if-,"

"I'm sorry," I was cut off by him.

"what?" 

"I'm sorry I acted so rude to you when I saw you kissing my brother," He sighs and slowly turned to face me.

His eyes were misty and honest as he looked right at me.