Chapter 29 | Friends

*Important A/N At the end* 

_________

(Edited)

_________

Emma POV

I strode over to my desk to sit next to Kimberly.Today she was looking extremely cute for some odd reason, which I yet have to find out.

"That was hilarious," She snickered next to me as she scrambled something on her small notebook. Her hand flipping up as she marks boxes with checks. I couldn't read the writing from where I was sitting but it looked like a list of things.

"It was, wasn't it?," I say as I squint my eyes trying to see her paper.

She closes her notebook and turns to look at me with a smile. "Yup it's the highlight of my day for now,"

I jump back and pretend to be looking down at my phone."Same here," I mumbled. Shifting uncomfortably in my chair. Hopefully, she didn't catch me peeking at her stuff but she's being awfully suspicious. It makes me anxious somehow.

"Stacy would be traumatized for life," She laughed.

"So are you excited about your birthday party tomorrow night?" She asks probably trying to get me to not ask her about her notebook.

I nod slowly not meeting her eyes. "I think it'll be fun, I guess." I shrugged. I was still unsure about this party but when James is keen to do something, he does it without excuses or protests from third parties.

Speaking of, James walks in with his glamours steps and his Starbucks drink. He has a grin from ear to ear, like the cat from Wonderland, as he approaches Kimberly and me. He kissed both of our cheeks and sat next to us.

"Looks like someone's happy.." Kimberly says dragging they at the end and looking at James with a smirk.

"Mind sharing what's making you grin like that, if I didn't know better, I'll think you're giving away a psychotic smile," I nudge him on the ribs and he laughs lightly.

"Yeah Mr.Fashion Man, what's got you so happy?" Kimberly asks, eager to know why our friend is smiling so hard.

James giggles and I see a small shade of pink spread throughout his cheeks. I held back a laugh at how adorable he looked when he turn like that. It's not every day you see him blush.

"Oh nothing special," He snorts taking a sip of his beverage.

I nudged him on the ribs with my elbow, lightly. He laughs innocently and starts looking at his red tips whilst biting his bottom lip.