40 - Finally

Girls' house - 9:10

Samantha lied flat on her bed as she replayed her talk with Elena from the night before.

*flashback*

"Ever since we came to Korea, someone has been crushing on you. No... has had a one-sided love on you."

"Who though?"

"I can't tell you that." Elena shook her head. "I'm not gonna ruin another confession."

"Oh, come on!"

"Just think, Sammie. Think about whatever happened this past year."

*flashback ends*

"Ugh!" Samantha ruffled her hair. 'This is harder than those SAT questions...'

'Let's see.' She sat up. "Someone who has been crushing on me..." She tilted her head and stared at a corner.

She thought hard for a few seconds, hitting her head once every minute. Until something popped up in her head.

"Oh my Gosh..." She bit her lip. 'He never said no when I asked to meet up... He would always listen to my sob stories... And always comforted me.'

"Damn it!" She took her hoodie that was resting on her chair and slipped it on, going out of her room.

"Hey, Mom." She greeted Hana as she walked the last stair. "Goodbye, Mom." And walked straight to the door.

"Where are you going?" Hana came out of the kitchen and caught Samantha right before she went out. "You haven't eaten anything."

"I'm gonna meet up with someone." Samantha said as she opened the door. "I'll grab a sandwich on the way. Bye." She waved and went out.

She took out her phone from her hoodie pocket and messaged Mark. "Meet me at Han river."

She put it back in her pocket only to take it out within a minute of walking.

Yien : All right. I'll try to make it there as fast as I can.

Samantha nodded to herself before putting her phone in her hoodie pocket and fastening her pace.

'It can't be him... it just can't.' She shook her head.

"He's my friend..." She mumbled as she walked out of their neighborhood. 'He's my best friend who was always there for me.'

------------------------------
Han river - 10:09

Samantha bit her lip as she felt her heart beat increase. 'What's wrong with me?'

She forced a smile as Mark approached her. "Hey."

"Hey." Mark greeted her with a wide smile. "Long time no see, Meili."

'Meili... why did you keep on calling me that despite knowing I had a boyfriend?' Samantha kept the smile on her face as she nodded. "Yes, it has. I missed you."

Mark was slightly taken aback but his smile widened. "Me too. I'm really glad you wanted to meet."

"I chose a really nice place, huh?" Samantha turned to look at the river view.

Mark did the same. "Yes, the first place the two of us by ourselves after years."

Silence took over as the two of stared at the calm waves of the river, deep in thoughts.

"Meili?"

'Is he going to talk about it?' Samantha turned to him with a smile. "Yea?"

"I... I have something to tell you."