28 - D-20 : Late Night Talk

Jerry's mansion - 1:27

Yoongi yawned as he walked the last stair. He messed his fringe, going straight to kitchen with his eyes barely open.

"Hey, Hyung."

Yoongi opened his eyes and looked at Mark who was washing his glass. "You're awake as well." He mumbled as he walked to him.

"Water?" Mark tilted his head and gave Yoongi a glass as he nodded in response.

"Thanks." Yoongi gave him a small smile and quickly drank his water.

Mark was about to go but stopped when Yoongi called his name. "Do you need anything else?"

"Uh... actually," Yoongi rubbed the back of his neck. "You were supposed to tell me some things..." He trailed off.

"What..." Mark slightly frowned. "Oh yes! I remember." He smiled to himself. "Is it OK to talk about at this time of night?"

"It's OK with me, I don't know about you."

"I'm Ok too." Mark nodded.

The two stared at each other, an awkward silence taking over.

Mark cleared his throat and looked away. "Sh--should we talk here?"

"Yea, I think." Yoongi nodded and pulled a chair.

"Ok." Mark nodded to himself before doing the same. "So, what do I say first?"

"I don't know." Yoongi shrugged.

'Ugh...' Mark looked away as another awkward silence took over. 'Why is it like this...?'

'This is way too awkward!' Yoongi scratched his head.

'What do I say...?' Mark let out a deep breath. "Ok uh," He rubbed his arm. "First of all, never talk to her about her father."

"Her father? Are they on bad terms?" Yoongi slightly frowned.

"It's not that... just... don't mention him." Mark shook his head.

"Oh Ok." Yoongi nodded.

"And I believe you saw her relationship with her brother."

"But that's just for show right? They don't actually fight all the time, right?"

"Actually, no. They're on bad terms." Mark sighed.

"Can I know why?"

Mark slowly nodded. "It's something you need to know after all." He took a deep breath. "You see, Ellen's first love was Jason's best friend, someone he used to hang out with every day. Even tho he knew his friend's attitude, he let Ellen date him." He clenched his jaw, recalling memories.

"Ellen's first love was her brother's friend..." Yoongi mumbled. "What happened?"

"He hurt her... leaving a painful memory." Mark looked Yoongi in the eyes. "That's why you should be very careful around her."

"Like... how?" Yoongi frowned.

"Don't rush into things, make sure she allows and trusts you before making your move." Mark nodded to himself. "That scumbag forced himself on her..." Mark growled.

Yoongi's eyes widened. "D-Don't tell me... d-did he rape her?"

"Almost." Mark sighed. "But Sam and Brian arrived in time."