8 - The Notebook

Hwayang park - 10:04

"Noonas will be coming here, right?" Kunpimook asked and sat down on a bench.

"They said that they will." Yugyeom sat beside him.

While the two younger boys talked by themselves, the older ones confronted Mark who was riding his skateboard around the basketball court.

"I suppose she rejected you, huh?" Jaehyung asked as Mark circled around the bench he was sitting on.

"No..." Mark mumbled but they heard it.

"Then why do you keep sulking? You've been extra quiet as well these two days."

Mark just sighed.

"Wait a minute." Jackson stood in front of him. "You didn't confess, right?" He raised his eyebrows.

"No..."

The two boys sighed. Jaehyung ruffled his hair. "Listen, Mark. If you don't confess to her within a week, I'll ask her out. I'm sure she'll say yes if I ask her, cause as you know, I'm much more hands--"

"You can't." Mark cut him off.

Jaehyung crossed his arms. "Oh yeah? And why exactly I can't?" He smirked.

Mark sighed again and got off his skateboard. "She has a boyfriend." He sat beside Jaehyung and crossed his arms.

"Oh..." Jaehyung and Jackson became quiet and just looked at Mark who was staring at the ground. They glanced at each other, wanting the other to speak which didn't happen.

The silence grew.

Mark kicked the small pebbles that were on the ground and stayed quiet, like usual and the other two just looked at him. Jaehyung, being the oldest, broke the silence.

"You can court her, you know." Jaehyung lightly punched Mark's shoulder. "Who knows? Her feelings might change." He shrugged as Mark looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?"

"You know, for example, you can spend your days off with her, go to different places and talk about different things. Maybe she starts falling for you and forgets her feelings for her current boyfriend." Jaehyung smiled.

Mark slightly smiled. "You think it's possible?"

"Bro, anything I say is possible." Jaehyung put Mark in a headlock and messed his hair.

Jackson decided to join them but when he got up, he was hit in the head with something hard. "Ouch!" He yelled and saw a basketball ball fall on the ground.

He frowned and looked around.

Behind him, he saw Elena, with a playful smirk on her face, and Samantha who was shaking her head at Elena's action.

The girls walked toward them. "How did that feel, Jackson Wang?" Elena picked the ball from the ground.

Mark immediately smiled widely seeing Samantha and got up along with Jaehyung.

"Not good..." Jackson mumbled, loud for Elena to hear.

"Good." Elena smiled, showing her eye-smile and threw the ball successfully in the basket even though she was far away from the basket pole.

All the boys had their mouths wide open as they saw Elena scoring without any problems. Elena's smile widened and she and Samantha high-fived.

"So, you boys finally had a day off from practicing I see."

By then the two younger boys joined them as well.

"Well, since we practice for more than 12 hours a day, JYP decided that from now on, we have Sundays off!" The three older ones cheered but the two youngsters, who didn't understand English, stayed quite.