Chapter 18: Wedding bells, toll each death.

We all freeze and turn to the voice. My father is pulling Ravan and Aaron off each other. "What is going on?" My father demands, fists clenched. Eli rises from his knee and stands around uncomfortably.

"Well? Is somebody going to answer me?" My father asks, we all hold our breaths, waiting for someone to answer. Thankfully someone does, "Well, I came here to apologize to Jane. However-" Eli begins, stuttering. "Aaron came and tried to beat him up! I tackled him though so he didn't do anymore damage to his face." Ravan butts in, waving her hands around. "But then Eli tries to convince Jane to marry him and not Aaron!" Ravan exclaims, when she is done my dad is staring at her wide eyed. "I think she needs some rest." Amy and Kevin come to the rescue, taking her inside with jordan tagging along behind.

Dad raises an eyebrow but Jordan shakes it off. Walking casually inside. "Aaron, is this true." dad demands, hands still clenched and jaw ticking. "Sir, I promised not to lie to you so here is the real answer; I came here to protect Jane from Elijah. He was tempted to do bad intentions and I only intended to defend my fiancé." he explains, calm and nonchalant. "Well, I have to remind you that the deal is off, dear Aaron." Father declares. I stare at my father and back a Aaron for a few moments, trying to process what I have heard.

"Now, that's where you're wrong Albert." Aaron smirks, "I came here to tell you if you want your precious mother back unharmed, Jane." he turns to me. "You will have no choice but to marry me." he smirks, I gape at him wide-eyed. I cannot just kill my mother over this, "Okay, I'll marry you." I whisper in defeat. "Well then, your daughter has settled it. We are still to me married tomorrow at sundown." he boasts, smiling like an idiot.

"No Jane! You don't have to do this! We can find a way, please don't do this." Eli begs, falling to his knees again. "Marry me instead." he asks, holding out a gorgeous tiara shaped, diamond ring. I hear gasps and cheers, also a flash of a camera. "Omg, this is going on the facebook page!" Jordan high fives Ravan. "I was always #TeamJeli anyways." Kevin adds nonchalantly. "They are so cute together! I want her to be my sister in law!" Amy squeals, smiling lovingly at the both of us.

I blush crimson, thinking of all the great times we had together. The laughs and the tears, through it all. I realised that I was mean't for Eli, not Aaron. But family comes first, I lightly push his hands away. "I-im sorry Eli, but I need to save my mother." I turn away so he doesn't see the regret and tears filling my eyes.

I run inside, past everyone and into my room.

***

"Say 'Hi' to daddy Jane." Mother caresses her big stomach while i'm holding Jordan. "But mummy, he's not daddy." I whisper, hiding behind her. "Honey, this is your new daddy. He'lll be taking care of you while I run to the doctors with auntie Carol okay?" Mum explains, smiling sweetly as usual.

I hear noises and turn to my fathers best man, Devin. "Hello, honey."he breathes, gazing lovingly at my mother. Jordan and I say our goodbyes and mum is off. Devin tries to play with us, but with no avail. He then calls his friends over and they have game night.

I am in the living room with 5 year old Jordan playing legos. "Hey, I heard you finally got Carol. Evan didn't deserve her anyways. He knew you and her were close, high school sweethearts." One of Devin's friends, slurs, They are all drunk. "Well you gotta do whatcha gotta do. He deserved to crash anyways." Devin smirks, I stand up and walk up to them. I am minuscule compared to them.

"Why did you kill daddy." I growl, which ends up sounding like a squeak. They stare at each other for a moment, then burst out laughing. "I can handle this guys, head home." Devin waves his hand to signal for them to leave. "Now, Jane. Whatever you just heard. Forget it okay honey? Because we were... er .... playing a game." He lies, however being the clever 7 year old I was, I could see straight through him. "I asked you a qwestion. Why did you kill my daddy." I pry, hands clenched to look more menacing.