Chapter 10: Thank you

Jane's POV

"But-" Eli begins, "No Eli. I'm really sorry." I interrupt, stepping away from him.

"I'm sorry, I-i initiated this talk and I didn't mean for it to go this far an-" I go on a tangent, but before I can continue Eli speaks up.

"It's all good. It's my bad, I read the situation wrong-" he sighs, pushing his hair back, "I should've known someone would've asked you already." he chuckles to himself. I can't find the right words, but I know this has got to end, I don't know how long we've been talking for but I'm not wasting any more time.

"No hard feelings?" he smiles warmly at me, I look at him for a moment. Completely dumbfounded, how can someone be so calm and collected. I'm practically jumping out of my own skin looking at him.

I smile and nod, "Of course," he picks up the iPod and place his hands in his pockets.

"I'll see you at the Ball then?" he turns to leave, I smile and nod, waving him goodbye.

As soon as he jogs out of ear-shot, I let out a breath of relief. "Jesus Christ Hallelujah Jane what the frickity frackle frick just happened?" I sigh to myself, trudging away, my thoughts on the journey back only being him.

~*~

I eventually reach a small local coffee shop, just close to my house so I can grab my coffee and pastry and leave.

I open the door, a scowl on my face. I feel really bad for what I did, He was trying to be nice. Did he really like me? or did he just want to go as friends?

Obviously he wants to just be friends. I mean, look at me. A guy like him with a girl like me?

No, Never. We are too different.

"Good Morning, I would like a regular cappuccino and a croissant, please," I tell the cashier at the front counter. He nods,

"Will that be all, Miss?" He asks, I nod, taking out my wallet. "Okay, that'll be $5.50. Cash or card?"

"Cash," I hand him the cash and he smiles. I turn around and take in my surroundings, the cafe's theme is 1960's retro. It's like I stumbled into one of my favorite movies or posters! It doesn't matter how many times I go here, I will never stop admiring the place.

The place is at the most part empty, except for a middle-aged couple drinking coffee and chatting happily, I hope that's me in the future.

"Order for a regular cappuccino and croissant?" I hear an employee call out, I turn to take my food and as soon as I do I immediately recognize the employee.

White-Blonde hair and sea-blue eyes; It's Aaron.

He turns to face me holding out my coffee and croissants, He takes a look at me and drops my coffee.

I stare in shock, frozen. Both of us not processing what just happened. I snap back to reality and instantly drop to the floor, reaching for the coffee cup, I hear Aaron scramble around the bench and to my side, I go to pick up the cup when my hand brushes over Aaron's. I look up at him,

"I'll get it. I am so sorry Jane. I-i just didn't expect to see you here." Aaron stares at me, distracted, he composes himself and gently takes the cup out of my grasp, running around.

"Just take a seat and I'll be over with another coffee!" He sings out as he picks up a new cup.

I look around for the nearest seat, still shaken from this morning's events. Life's gotta throw the weirdest scenarios now, huh.