Chapter 4: I have friends?

Jane's POV

...

You know that annoying ringing noise you hear when you are waking up from a really good dream? That noise that signals you to wake up and start the day? Go to school?

That's what I have been doing for many years of my life; What most of us have been doing 90% of our lives. Mastering the whole process: Getting up, sulking, getting yelled at, get breakfast, watch youtube, get yelled at for slacking. Then race to get ready in 2 minutes which results In making me sprint for the bus. It rarely stops, so I walk most days.

Once I do finally reach school, I am greeted by whispers, stares and the obvious pointing out of my bruises. I mean, I did try and cover them up with makeup but that didn't work out since I suck at makeup plus the good old apprehension sweat.

Woot woot, Am I right?

I make It to my locker and take out my textbooks and extras for the next class, "Well, Well: What do we have here?" I shove my books into my bag and slam my locker, "Ow!" Yelps the voice, I turn to see the damage- That guy from the other day!

"oOf, It's you-Ellorik? Like The Vampire Diaries Ellorik, right?" I smile to myself, zipping my bag. I strongly regret that lame joke, but I guess those few years alone have made me "super confident". He does give me some credit for it though, I was assuming a puzzled look but I am rewarded with a small laugh. Could this be a budding friendship? I think to myself.

"You need to start hanging out with people: Fix your hair and jokes and you'll fit perfectly." He pats my head and sarcastically smiles, walking away. I take anything I said back. Slamming my locker shut, I head to classes early.

...

"Have I mentioned how good my poker face is?" I ask myself aloud.

"Nope, I'm intrigued- Tell me more," I ask myself in curiosity. Adjusting my seating I slouch in defeat,

"No use Jane, you've got nobody to talk to: might as well accept it." I mumble to myself.

I flush the toilet, pretending I actually have places to go and head out. Walking to the lockers I arrange it once more, "Fifth time today, not bad." I mumble, placing the last of my books down.

I adjust my long skirt, it's unusual how many stares I get for wearing something modest. Does every girl have to look like a dime to be able to be loved and sexually aroused by idiotic, horny teenage boys? Now I take that back too, that's stereotypical of me. Well, I shouldn't deny how I feel- But you have to, you don't want to sound like those girls who say they're so unique, they eat so much, they don't wear makeup they dare to wear their hair in a ponytail!?

That's canceled, I'm disgusted.

I take a stealthy look around the hallway, grabbing a piece of gum from my pocket: Shoving it quickly into my mouth. I chew furiously, small victories. They all count.

As I chew without a care, I take one last look at my spotless locker. For a moment, I just sit there and admire the artistry I have completed. As I attempt to grab the locker door I feel fleshy stuff- skin! A face? Wot?

The piece of flesh moved away from my shaking hand as I repulse in confusion. As my hand shoots back to my side. "Um, hello?" I call to the wind, awaiting an answer.

"Warn me before you go and slap me in the face." Eli appears with a chuckle and a slightly red cheek. I feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. Covering my cheeks somewhat discreetly.