Chapter 17: Only love can hurt like this.

I run and I run, out of the house and down the street, ignoring the calls or Aaron

I run and I run, out of the house and down the street, ignoring the calls or Aaron. All I see when I close my eyes is that horrific, heart-breaking scene. Zoe wrapped in Eli's strong arms. A twinge of jealousy pangs inside of me, wishing I was like that with him. I shake the thought out of my head. How could I be so stupid? He doesn't like me, hes was just playing me.

I violently wipe the tears from my stinging eyes, I can believe myself. Letting myself fall for him? The old me wouldn't have let that happen. I know that well, I miss the good old days where I stayed in my room and ate ice-cream while fangirling over books and celebrities.

I would give anything to take all this back, but when I was by myself, I always thought I wanted this more than anything. I wanted to bullying to stop, I wanted to be popular and to have a loving, caring boyfriend. 

But sadly, that's just not how the world works.

When I arrive home, I sneak past my parents who are now home, I creep up the stairs and to my room. I am so tired. After all that drama I trudge to my bed , an emotional mess, my brother calls out from the other room. "Jane! you're home! how's you're boyfriend" He asks. "HES NOT MY BOYFRIEND!" I yell back. I flop on my bed and fall asleep before my head hits the pillow.

***

-Flashback-

"Give me my lunch Zoe!" I scream, trying to free myself from the 2 boy's that are holding me back.

I feel hopeless, alone and confused. Zoe and I were such good friends, we shared so many interests: Barbies, dancing, humor and many other things. We were inseparable. Until now, her parents got a divorce and now shes acting all weird, I never thought too much of it. Until now, we just arrived in grade 2 and she acts really differently now.

She pushes me over, I stop reminiscing and topple over, kids crowd around, some laugh, but one walks over to me.

Dark brown hair, falling on his face, deep, brown eyes, turns to Zoe and pushes her away.

"Thawp it! she doesn't deserwe dis!" He yells, the boys come closer to him, he hits them and they run away, "Hey! You weren't apart of this anyways so go to you're mommy little boy!" Zoe yells at him. Tears well in his eyes, but he wipes them away, he walks up to me, holding his hand out. "Down't wisen to them." he says. I get up. "friends?" I say holding out my hand. The little boy pulls me into a hug.

"Fwriends."

That was the last I saw of that sweet little boy, we hung out for a long time until he moved to America. Alaska I think, wait, Holy crap. I couldn't be? could it? my old best friend? Eli? The sweet boy? Oh my god. 

He's changed so much, he used to be kind and humble. Now he's a horny, heartbreaking little bitch. I call up Maree, remembering that Aaron gave me her phone number to check up on her.