Chapter 13: Netflix and cookies part 2

Ignore the cringe as fu- quote, I said i'm keeping the original stuff, I'm keeping it. 

RECAP: After an interesting encounter with Eli and Aaron, Jane decides to bum the day and head home. When she arrives, an unexpected guest is already there.

And that's what you've missed on RIVERDALE!

"Grand Pop!" I cheer, standing up straighter. He raises a suspicious eyebrow.

"What's with the smile, chookie?" crossing his arms, he scans my awkward expression.

I try to disregard the frying pan on the floor as I brush my uniform down. "I just-wasn't expecting you to be here. You're usually-"

"In the old people's home? On my farm? Well, I'm clearly here," He gestures to his face with a little sass as I chuckle at his remarks.

he gestures to me, "Come and give your Pop a hug." I grin and run into his arms, hugging him tightly. In his old age, he shouldn't be walking, let alone traveling solo. I'm just glad he's here, I take in his scent and reminisce on my childhood filled with visits to his tea farm; ever since grandma passed he's kept that old place alive and running.

"What are you doing here anyway?", once we finish our hug he grins playfully at me. 

"I could say the same about you little miss; It's 10 in the morning on a weekday and you're here."  I sigh and find the nearest chair, falling into the fabrics that devour it. 

"Well there was a fight-" I start, adjusting to my seat. "And the fight was k-kinda- like, y-y'know-" I fidget under the stare of Poppy, fidgeting with some fabrics underneath my seat.

"y-y-y-y-what Jane. Say it, spit it out. I'm waiting." Pop grumbles, smacking the fabric out of my hand. Twiddling my thumbs, I try to think of what to say.

"It's just hard to explain because I don't really know what's going on myself." I pause, he nods in approval, waving me on to continue. 

"I think the fight what about me. These two boys Eli and Aaron; You remember Aaron right?"

His brow creases at the word boy, I knew it would be uncomfortable to explain. I've never had these sorts of issues with boys- people in general. Let alone telling anyone about it. I digress; 

"As you know Aaron's back in town. This guy also transferred to my school a little earlier than him; Eli Hughes. Anyways, I'm friends with his sister but he always acts so- suspicious.

Now, you must be confused. What happened last night Jane? Well here's the story:

I am in my room, listening to music and dancing around like a maniac. This is part of my nightly routine. I just blast my music and piss of my whole family, however my parents went out for a few days for work and my brother is at a friends house.

I flop on my bed laughing at myself. I turn off the music and grab my phone so I can read. As i'm reading I hear a thud. What was that?

I ignore it and continue to read, Another thud. I get up, frustrated and walk to the window where I think I heard the noise. As I peer down, my eyes widen in shock. Eli!

"What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper yell at him. He is on a ladder, at the edge of my window. I step back as he swings his leg over the window and climbs in. He gives me a small smile and he motions for me to sit down next to him. I do so, with caution. "Now, please explain why you are climbing on a rickety ladder to my bedroom window!" I say, irritated.