Chapter 16: Loving moments always come to an end.

Zoe's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What the hell Zoe!" My mother screams, slamming my head into a desk, dazed I slowly stand up. "You are so useless! you are trying to make Elijah Hughes fall for you! not make him fall harder for Jane!" She shrieks. 

"You are worthless and nobody will love you!" She spits, kicking me in the gut, causing me to cough and collapse on the floor, I know I'm not allowed to act weak or show affection or my mother will beat me. I stand up and lift my head up high, showing my pride and hiding the fear inside. "Mother, I called Aaron. He's got it under control-" I am interrupted by her cold hand slapping me right on my cheek, I cringe at the sudden pang of pain.

"Are you really that stupid? Aaron is your cousin!? his father-" she stops and coughs, composing herself. "His father has rebelled and tried to make his company bigger than ours. You are forbidden to speak to him." She commands, "Now, go." She shoves me aside, strutting to her walk-in closet. Probably going out again tonight, I silently sigh while trudging up the stairs.

When I arrive to my room, my stylist and makeup artist are chatting. "Ahem, we have a date to prepare for!" I exclaim, making them jump in surprise. "Yes miss, I have your outfit styled perfectly for this dinner." Clarissa, my stylist hold up a outfit. mink fur coat, black mini skirt and red lacy crop. "Does this scream 'You will fall for me instantly.' or what?" She purs, stroking the coat. I smirk and snatch the outfit from her hands. "This will do." 

I change into the outfit and my makeup artist, Mia. "We'll go for a sexy, killer winged- eyed look." She starts with the foundation and then continues with the rest of the routine, I scroll through Instagram casually when I get a text.

*Aaron*

Well, are you going to convince Eli or what? I saw him with that slutty friend of yours, Marcy?

*You*

Well, yes. I will deal with that. He just says he needs to get his mind off things with a little fun, what's wrong with that?

*Aaron*

You disgust me, you need to text him to hang out. I'll get Jane to hang out with me and later on you will text me so I can come over to Eli's. We have to make it look believable. You get Eli, I get Jane. Deal?

*You*

Sure, whatever. It'll be easy anyways. I've got him wrapped around my little finger. 

*Aaron*

Gtg, Txt me when ur ready.

*You* 

K

I turn off my phone and smirk. The plan is going perfectly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eli's POV 

"Hey Eli, I was wondering if you wanna hang out tonight." Zoe asks, over the phone.

"Come back to bed, Elly." Marcy purs, stroking the bed. I mouth for her to get out, chucking her clothes at her. "Sure, where do you wanna go?" I ask, I can tell shes smiling. "Well, I made reservations at this new Italian restaurant." She explains. "Sound's great." I fake smile. "Pick you up at 8." I mumble, hanging up the phone.

Marcy has left, I sigh and cup my hands in my face. Sleeping with Marcy was supposed to make me feel better about the Jane problem, however it's making me feel worse. There is a deep dark feeling in my stomach, making me want to get Jane back. She doesn't love me but I know, It's my duty to save her.