After what felt like an eternity, I came to a stop in front of the armor shop I had visited with Rosalba and the rest of my team many days ago.

The armor store clerk glared at me as soon as I stepped through the royal-purple banners serving as a door. "What are you doing here? You better not steal anything," he warned.

I laughed weakly. "I won't..." I shook my head in disbelief. Never in my life had I been accused of being a thief. Usually I was the one capturing them. "I don't have it in me." I put money down. "Give me the cheapest armor you have."

"I'm not sure about this...selling to someone who would do what you did to the second princess, it feels wrong. You're better off going to the abyss and dying."

I smiled cynically and looked at him straight in the eyes. The words of the woman and the faces of the injured flashed before my ears and eyes. But the one that most haunted me was of the child, the one who hadn't opened his eyes.

Did I kill him? No, right? I... couldn't have... I can't actually be that monstrous. Can I?

I lowered my head and closed my eyes shut. "Perhaps I am..."

The blacksmith sighed. "Your words are odd...do I sense guilt?"

"I didn't do it," I snapped, gripping my head with both hands. "Why won't anyone believe me? I am not trash! I'm..." I crumpled to the floor, tears streamed down my cheeks. I watched as they splattered against the pale ceramic tiles. "I would never dare her her...I'm innocent..."

"Innocent, huh?" a familiar voice called out. I glanced up and saw a red haired boy around my age. Though his hair was the color of fire his eyes were as cold as snow. His face was covered in smog and sweat.

"Kohri... Why are you working here? Wait, when did you return"

He tilted his head as he handed me a wet rag. "Here, use this to clean up."

I hesitated at first to take it but after awhile I took it.

Kohri leaned against the counter and smiled slightly. The guy was always smiling it seemed.

"I returned earlier today. As for why I'm here... you forgot that I'm his apprentice? Now, stay here. I'll be right back!" he said in his usual tone.

I felt a ping of hope bubble up inside me.

Does Kohri perhaps trust me? Or, it that he has been so occupied with the restoration of Shirayuki that he doesn't know what we speak of? Though the news is fresh. Then again, everyone in town seemed to know about it.

I watched as the future Grand Duke of Kuroyuki no San walked to the back. The place had even more armor than the front, as a wide range of weapons, ranging from three-inch knives to swords that seemed too big for one to actually use. In addition to the weapons were a couple of blacksmith furnaces, and a half-shaped molten sword.

He picked out some armor from a bag. "This isn't much, but I think it'll keep you safe." He threw me a metal chest plate and a pair of purple guards for the arms.

"Why are you giving these to me?" I asked in disbelief.

He banged his silver hammer against the forming sword. "It's connected to why I'm working here...I seek to support future heroes... more people like the guy that armor belonged to," he said, continuing to look down.

Though he held his face down, I could tell there was pain in it. It reminded me of the face he had made on our way to Shirayuki, when he learned I was in possession of Hanketsu's angel tool.

"That armor is built for speed," he continued. "Hmm, perhaps it's not the best for a defensive fighter like you're supposed to be. If only I could recover your old armor, then I could fix it up like I promised."