Chapter 10

Sorry in advance, short chapter. But it's one of the most important chapters in the whole book. Actually, it is the most important. Read on and you'll understand why.

Chapter 10 ~ Fire and Water

Back at Fira's house we talk and catch up. River has changed so much. After a long chat about things we are left in the room alone while Skye and Fira go out into town to get food.

We play with a water ball, throwing it back and forth for a while. It's a really fun game. River got splashed a few times but she doesn't mind. I'm just happy she's back. We take a break and gain our energy again. After we have calmed down from the game River sits up as we were both lying down.

"Rani. I need to show you something." Says River suddenly, a bit awkwardly.

"Um ok." I reply as she holds her hands out. In one hand she makes a water ball like I can do.

"So? You can control water." I ask, in a nice way.

"Not just water." She replies as in the other hand she makes a fireball. I gasp. No one can do that.

"But how?" I ask her and smiles a bit.

"You remember dad?" She asks. I shake my head. He left when I was two.

"No..."

"Well he was of Fire descent. Mum told me to keep it secret. That's another reason I ran away. I couldn't control it right, I had to protect you." She says and I try to take this in.

"So I might be able to control fire and water too?" I ask her quietly, as if someone was going to hear.

"Probably." She replies as I hold my hand out. I try to make a fire but only make a tiny spark. I try again and a small fire alights for a few seconds. I can't believe it! I can control fire!

If you were surprised by this feel free to vote for it! Really helps!