Chapter 1: Secrets and Lies {Part 1}

Lloyd strolled through the forest, enjoying the sweet sound of the rustling leaves. He heard rustling in a nearby bush, but he pretended not to notice. He instead looked up at the leafy canopy the trees made.

The leaves and branches were in perfect distance from each other, allowing multiple small streaks of sunlight pass through, making a beautiful scene. He could hear the birds chirping from afar, thanks to his hightened senses.

Oh, how he missed the old times. To be able to use these senses to defend and protect. To be able to tap into his Elemental powers once again. But alas, he cannot for the safety of his daughter.

His senses tingled, telling him that his pursuer was about to make a move, so he stopped walking and stood still. He may not have a sixth sense like his nindroid friend Zane, but his years of being a ninja allowed him to be a step ahead of his opponent.

He saw his opponent's movement even before he heard their shout. Wrong move, Lloyd thought as he remained still. At least, until the last moment.

《¤》

Leyla shouted a battle cry as she jumped from behind a bush, her wooden sword about to hit her target. Her target, however, was faster than her and was able to block her attack using his own wooden sword.

Leyla pushed with all her might, but her foe jumped back, making her lose her balance and stumble forward. Moving swiftly, she used her momentum to do a roll, stopping at a crouched position.

Her adversary smirked and charged at her. Leyla quickly rolled to her side and continued to block her opponent's attack. She tried to land a blow, but her opponent kept on dodging her attacks.

The small girl swung her sword at her opponent with all her might. He did the same, but he was stronger, and his blow sent Leyla's wooden sword flying. He swung again, but Leyla avoided it by doing a backflip.

The blonde descendant resorted to throwing punches and kicks. But her opponent kept on blocking every move. She growled under her breath, sweat starting to form on her forehead.

She wants to win. She has to. Otherwise, her father would think of her as a weak little girl, same as those horrible bullies. No, she can't lose. She won't. She. Will. WIN!!

《¤》

Lloyd smirked as Leyla grew frustrated with their fight. But that smirk was quickly wiped from his face when he noticed that his daughter's attacks were becoming done by anger rather than by focus.

And it did not help when the former ninja noticed the slight glow of green forming around Leyla's fists. Actually, now that he looked, he could barely see a slight yellow glow around her irises.

Panic began to creep up Lloyd's spine once he recognized what was happening. Leyla's Elemental power was being awoken by her emotions.

In one swift move, Leyla shouted and swung another punch with all her might, her fist aimed at his vulnerable chest.

Lloyd saw this too late and wasn't able to dodge it. A sudden burst of energy from Leyla's fist sent the Green Ninja flying backwards.

Leyla panted in anger and exhaustion, but once she realized what had happened, her eyes widen. She looked at her hands, disbelief clear on her face.

Lloyd, on the other hand, was more panicked than shocked, despite being hit in the chest with a small energy blast. He couldn't believe what just happened.

His daughter had his powers. She was a master of Energy! But all excitement aside, this was bad.

She used her Element, Lloyd thought. She used her Element! Now the Shadows will sense it and discover where we are!

Lloyd's breathing quickened once he realized that it will only be a matter of time before their old enemies possibly find them.

As Lloyd sat on the ground, staring at Leyla in anxiety, he realized that he shouldn't let Leyla know about her powers. At least, not yet.

The former ninja took a deep breath and slowly stood up, dusting himself as he did. He faked a smile and chuckled slightly, earning Leyla's attention.

"Nice punch there," he commented. "I didn't see that one coming. You getting pretty good."

The young girl's expression turned from shock to fearful. "Daddy, what did I just do?" She asked, her voice wavering.

Lloyd raised an eyebrow, acting like he didn't know. "What do you mean?" He asked. "You just delivered a good punch. No one was hurt. Well, there could be a few bruises, but nothing serious."

Leyla lowered her hands to her sides. "No. I mean, I just made this.... weird blast come from my fists! Didn't you see it?!" She asked, sounding desparate and scared.

Lloyd knelt down on one knee and placed a hand on her shoulder. "That's probably just exhaustion, honey. You're probably so tired that you're seeing things." He said, smiling reassuringly.

Leyla looked skeptical, but she nodded her head. She looked at the ground with a frown. Lloyd frowned as well, but his face lit up when an idea came to his mind.

He stood up and looked down at Leyla with a smile. "Come on," he said. The small girl cocked her head to the side in confusion.

"Where we going?" She asked. The master of Energy grinned.

"You gotta catch me to find out." He said before taking off, with Leyla following behind.

《¤》

So how'd I do? I really hope I did ok. I had a bit of trouble explaining the fight scene, but I got through it! Please tell me what you think! I'm really excited to see where this new beginning will go. Also, I was going to write a longer chapter, but I decided against it cuz some of you might get bored reading really long chapters. Well..... see ya!

~Dream