Chapter 7: Someone I Once Knew

Hey guys! Happy Valentines to those of you guys with special someones and those of you who doesn't have special someones (like me! Tbh, I only like the Valentine themed foods. XD) Anyway, here's an extra long chapter! So, sorry for you guys who don't like long chapters.

《¤》

"I can't believe Ember invited some strangers to stay for the night without telling ME, her OLDER BROTHER!" Kyle complained loudly to his cousin, Jason. The ginger haired teen just hummed, half listening, as he focused most of his attention to the video game he was playing.

The brown haired descendant continued, "I mean, I know she's just being nice, but we know nothing about these kids!" Kyle ranted before turning to the blue eyed teen beside him. "What if they're serial killers?!"

Jason paused his game and looked at Kyle with a raised eyebrow. "Dude, serial killer? Seriously?"

"They could be!"

The freckled teen just stared, unamused, at his cousin. Kyle shuddered slightly as he stared at Jason's right eye, which was faded. It had a faded scar passing over it, which Kyle never knew how he got that. He decided not to ask.

Jason turned back to his game as Kyle just crossed his arms. "Don't worry, K. I know what it feels like to be responsible of your younger sister, but you gotta give her some space to make her own decisions." Jason advised.

Kyle sighed. "Fine. By the way, where's Jia?" He asked, talking about the black haired girl.

"She's with Em." Jason replied, still focused on his video game. "Said something about meeting the new kids."

《¤》

"So," Jia started, lying on her stomach on Ember's bed. "You know martial arts?"

"Just basic hand-to-hand combat." Leyla replied casually, looking up at the black haired girl from her spot on the floor. "Two months ago, my dad began to teach me how to handle weapons. I'm fine with knives and such, but I like to think a sword is my specialty."

Jia looked over where Frost and Crystal were sitting on some beanbags. "I'm more comfortable with a katana," the older girl replied. "They're lighter than swords."

"How about you, Frost?" Ember asked as she sat at the foot of her bed. The green eyed boy stared at her for a moment before replying.

"I'm fine with blades, but I prefer throwing weapons better." He said with a stoic expression.

Leyla made a face before turning to the two girls on the bed. "How about you two?" She asked. "Judging by the martial art manuals on the shelves, I'm guessing you know a thing or two, Ember."

Before Ember could reply, Jia shot up with an excited look. "Ooh! She and Kyle are masters! They know a lot of fighting styles. And they could practically use every weapon there is!" The blue eyed descendant rambled. "Oh, and also-"

The redhead quickly covered her cousin's mouth to stop her from talking. "That's over exaggerating it. Kyle and I only know a few fighting styles." She said, blushing, before gving Jia a soft glare. "And we cannot use every weapon. Kyle and I are ok with blades, but I prefer a bow and arrows or maybe a crossbow."

"Do you know how to fight, Jia?" Crystal asked. Jia's face turned a light shade of red.

"Uh, no. Sorry. My brother and I are more of tech geeks than warriors." She said with a slight smile. "I mean, we know how to defend ourselves, it's needed when you live in the middle of nowhere, but we're not as good as you guys are."

There were a couple of protests about how it isn't important if you know how to fight or not, but Jia didn't want to hear it.

"Ok. Enough about fighting. Let's talk about something else." The black haired descendant suggested. The others agreed and pretty soon, they were talking like they were old friends.