Chapter 5: Not Alone

Leyla awoke to the sound of the birds singing in the distance. It was now morning and the sun was shinning bright through the canopy of leaves.

Determined to finish her mission, she grabbed her backpack and began to climb down the tree. The moment her feet touched the ground, she heard voices behind her.

Thinking fast, she dove behind some bushes and waited for the voices' owners to come into view.

The voices were growing closer, but still were unable to be understood. Instinctively, Leyla's hand slowly found the tanto's hilt, holding it tight just in case.

The voices were clearer and closer now. One belonged to a girl and the other a boy. Both are still young, Leyla thought.

Two figures emerged from the bushes. One was a tall girl with silver hair that was tied in a pony tail, silver skin and glowing blue eyes. She was wearing a white shirt under a leather jacket, pants and brown boots.

The other was a boy about the same height as Leyla. He has platinum blonde hair, pale skin, and bright green eyes. He was wearing a gray vest over a long sleeved white shirt, ripped pants and combat boots.

"We should go back," the boy said. He grabbed the girl's jacket, making her stop and turn to face him. "They need our help."

The girl frowned at him. "Father commanded us to go to the city, and I am determined to obey him." The girl's voice sounded robotic, which probably explains the silver skin.

The boy frowned. "All you care about is obeying orders." He said, rather harshly. "Do you even care about your family?!"

The girl pulled her jacket out of the boy's grasp and adjusted it. "Of course I do," was her plain answer. She then raised an eyebrow at the smaller boy. "Why do you disguise yourself?"

Leyla raised an eyebrow at that. Disguise? What does that mean? She thought.

The boy crossed his arms and looked down. "Mother said to blend in with everyone." He replied. His eyes shifted from the ground to the tall girl. "And I am determined to obey her, Crystal."

The tall girl, apparently called Crystal, rolled her eyes. "Do not mock me, Frost. And do not think you can fool me." She turned away from him and pulled out some sort of circular device. "We both know you only disguise yourself to hide what you really are. Why can't you just accept that you are a robot?"

They're both robots?! Leyla felt herself take a step back in fear. Unfortunately, she accidentally stepped on a twig and it snapped under her weight.

The two robots turned their heads towards the sound almost instantly. The girl's silver form wavered for a second before her silver skin changed to a pale complexion and her silver hair turned platinum blonde.

Crystal slowly put the circular device away. Frost, on the other hand, pulled out a silver dagger.

Leyla cursed mentally. She just had to move. She hoped the two robots would shrug it off and move on. But that hope was gone when the tall girl spoke.

"We know you are hiding. We will not hurt you. Come out." Crystal said. Leyla wanted to do what she said, but Frost was holding a dagger and she didn't want to take any chances.

"Frost, put away the dagger." Crystal commanded, as if reading Leyla's mind. The robot boy begrudgingly did as he was told.

Satisfied, Leyla slowly stood up from behind the bush. The two robots stared at her, and she stared back. After a few seconds of staring, Frost spoke.

"Who are you?" He asked. Leyla crossed her arms.

"I could ask you the same thing," she said.

The robot girl stepped forward. "My name is Crystal," she said while pointing to herself. She then gestured towards the smaller boy. "And this is my brother Frost. What is your name?"

"The name's Leyla," the blonde Master of Energy replied. "Why are two robots all the way out here? Shouldn't you be in New Ninjago City?"

"My brother and I live in Birchwood Forest. Yesterday, we were attacked by shadow creatures. They took our parents, and our father told us to go to Cyrus Borg." Crystal informed. She pulled out the circular device again. "He said to give this to him. Something about, lost ancient arts."

Leyla's eyes widen alightly at that. Frost noticed this. "I sense you have the same mission as us." He said to the green eyed girl.

Leyla smirked and slung her backpack over her shoulder. She stepped out of the bushes and towards the two robots.

"Look's like I'm not alone then." She said. She knew better than to trust strangers, but she's got the feeling she could trust these strangers with her life.

¤》

Bam! Another chapter done! Whoo! As always.... please tell me what you guys think! ;)