Chapter 6: Just A Coincidence?

Ember has helped her mother run the noodlehouse before, and it was hard. Especially now when her mother, nor father, are around to help. The redhead sighed as she finished taking the order of another table.

After giving the slip of paper to an older employee, Ember sighed in frustration and leaned on the counter. A female employee placed a tray full of dirty dishes beside her on the counter.

"Tough day, huh?" She asked. Ember nodded. The employee pushed the tray aside and leaned on the counter as well. "I heard about your parents. How ya' doing?"

"It's been.... difficult," the redheaded descendant sighed.

"Have you told the police about it?"

Ember crossed her arms. "We did, but they only said they'll 'work on finding them'." She replied, her voice filled with anger. "To be honest, I think they don't believe us. I mean, who would?"

"A bunch of black shadow creatures kidnapping your parents does sound unbelievable," the female employee nodded her head slowly. "But if you ever need some help, I'll be here."

"Thanks, Ashley." Ember said with a smile. That's when she noticed three teens in one of the booths. They weren't eating anything, and they all seemed down.

"Hey, Ashley," she began. "Who are they?"

Ashley turned to look. "Don't know actually. They came in a few minutes ago, never ordered anything." She said before grabbing the tray full of dishes. "I'll let you investigate."

She winked before walking away. Ember took a deep breath, smoothed out her white apron and walked towards the three teens.

A small girl with blonde hair and green eyes was slouched on the table with her arms crossed over it, her head rested on her arms. A platinum blonde boy with green eyes was resting his chin on his palm. And a tall girl with platinum blonde hair and blue eyes just sat quietly with her head hung low.

All three looked tired and sad. It piqued the redhead's interest and she wanted to know what's bothering them so she can help.

"Hey there. I'm Ember." she greeted. The three looked at her. "Sorry for being nosy but I can't help but notice you all seem down. Is everything ok?"

"None of your business," the smallest of the teens said quite rudely. Ember winced at her tone of voice.

"Forgive my friend's.... rude behavior." The tallest girl said while shooting the small girl a soft glare, who just rolled her eyes. "But we have been travelling all day without rest."

"Oh?" Ember cocked her head in confusion. "If you don't mind me asking, why were you three travelling?"

"We don't mind, but we doubt you'll believe us if we tell you." The boy said blankly.

Ember sat on a vacant seat, which was beside the small blonde girl. "Well, others say I believe in things easily, so I don't see why I won't believe you." She said sweetly.

Ember knew better than to poke around in someone else's business, but something about these teenagers caught her attention.

The three teens looked at each other first before the tall girl replied, "Our homes were attacked by shadow creatures yesterday and took our parents," she said. "We were told to go to Cyrus Borg but it's growing late and we have nowhere to rest for the night."

Ember stared at her with wide eyes. The small girl scoffed. "Told you you wouldn't believe us," she said.

Ember shook her head. "No, no. That's not it. It's just..." The redhead stuttered. "That's what happened to me and my older brother. We were attacked yesterday and our parents told us to hide here, but when we came back home the place was wrecked and our parents were gone."

"That's.... not good," the green eyed girl muttered before looking up at the tall girl. "That means those things attacked at multiple locations at the same time."

"But what could they be after?" The boy asked. Ember shrugged.

"They could be after anything. If you guys want to, you can stay with me and my brother." The redhead offered.

The small girl looked hopefully at the blue eyed girl. "If it is alright with your brother," the tall girl said. "And if there is enough room. We wouldn't want to kick you out of your bed."

Ember shook her head. "Nah. There's only me and my brother." She said, but then remembered something. "Oh, and our two cousins are staying with us as well. Apparently their home was attacked too."

"That makes four attacks," the blonde boy told the tall girl, who nodded and turned to Ember.

"My name is Crystal. This is my brother Frost and our friend Leyla." The older girl said with a slight smile. "Thank you for allowing us to stay with you."

"No problem! Now, if you'll excuse me, I better get back to helping take orders." With that said, Ember stood up and walked away.

She wasn't sure if Kyle was going to be okay with some strangers staying for the night, but she'll do everything she can to convince her brother to agree.

After all, it's not everyday you meet three new friends who claim that they've suffered the same attack as you. That got Ember thinking. Were the attacks just a coincidence? Or is there something more sinister?

《¤》

School is becoming more stressful. Hopefully I'll have time to update V1 and V2 of Ninjago Descendants. Please tell me what you guys think of the chapter. Dream out!

P.S.
I meant to publish this the other dau, but we didn't have internet.