Chapter 15: Fight The Past

"Duck!"

Raven felt someone tackle her. They hit the stone ground just as a blast from the flying airship's laser cannon hit where the Earth descendant was moments before.

Raven looked up to see that it was Jason who had saved her from being hit. "Thanks," she said.

Jason looked down on her and smiled. "Don't mention it." Raven blushed once she realized that Jason was on top of her, their faces inches away from each other. The blue eyed descendant probably realized this too because he was soon scrambling to get off of her.

"Uh... sorry." He stuttered out, his face tinted red. "Let's not talk about that, shall we?"

Raven shook her head to hide the fact that she was staring at him and stood up. "Yeah, sure."

"Hey, lovebirds!" They turned when they heard Leyla call them. She was currently standing in front of Jia with her arms up in an X. A shimmering green shield was blocking a series of laser bullets from their attacker. "We could really use some help here!"

"How?! We haven't unlocked our powers yet!" Jason asked. Ember came up behind him with a spear.

"You don't need to have powers to help," she said. She threw the spear at the airship's boosters and it got stuck. The airship began to fall, but not before someone jumped out of it and landed in the middle of the monastery. The man was wearing some sort of brown ninja robes and a hooded mask was covering almost his entire face.

"Who in the world is that?" Raven asked as she took a defensive stance.

"It's the pilot, stupid." Kyle ran up beside Raven and gave her a bô staff before pulling out his own katana.

"No, stupid!" Ember called from the other side of the courtyard. "The pilot was wearing something different!"

"You're right, I'm not the pilot." The man said in a somewhat cocky voice. "I am the Brown Ninja! And I am here with my partner to take you kids down."

Jia peeked from behind Leyla. "Wait, what?" She said aloud.

As if on cue, a shadow flew overhead and landed beside the brown clad mad. It was a man wearing some sort of orange armor with weapons strapped in multiple places. He was wearing a red straw hat, a red bandanna was covering half his face, and on his left eye was some sort of eye patch.

"I'm the pilot," the armored man said. "But you kids may call me Ronin."

《¤》

Ana walked down the streets of New Ninjago City that afternoon, her head down with her hood up and hands in her pockets to hide her scales. She was on her mission to find the descendants and offer them the Serpentine's help. But her mind was somewhere else.

After the meeting between the Serpentine leaders, Ana couldn't help but get mad at how she reacted when Junior mentioned Luke. She knew the other leaders noticed her bitterness upon the mention of the blonde descendant's name, and knowing them, they'll be asking questions about it in no time.

Ana let out an irritated sigh. Why must you always be in my mind, Luke? Even after what you did, after all these years, I still think of you. You backstabbing, traitorous, son of a--

Ana stopped walking and took a deep breath to calm her nerves. It just wasn't fair. She had always been there for him, but he just pushed her away when she needed him. And worst of all, he had replaced her with that creepy, demon's girl. Ana felt tears threatening to fall and she quickly wiped them away.

"Get a grip, Ana." The Serpentine hybrid scolded herself. "You're better off without him. What did he ever do for you, anyway?"

As if on cue, Ana heard a sob. She turned her head and saw a couple of children playing on the streets. It seems a young girl tripped and has scraped her knees. One boy knelt down beside the girl and comforted her, soon the two were running around again with the other kids.