Chapter 13: Tension

"Hiya! Take that!"

"Oh, yeah? Well, take that!"

"Have some of this!"

"Whoa! Hey, watch it! That thing's sharp!"

The sounds of the others training outside woke Jason from his sleep. He groaned in annoyance, he was definitely not a morning person. He looked to the other two beds in the room and saw that they were empty. He sighed as he forced himself out of bed and get ready.

He happened to glance at a clock on the wall and saw that it was now midday. "Geez. Why didn't anyone wake me?" Jason wondered. He looked towards the other two beds and sighed. "Some friends."

After putting on comfortable clothes, Jason made his way to the kitchen. He had explored the monastery after they got settled in so he easily found it.

He opened the sliding door and saw Crystal sitting on the table with Jia beside her. Both girls were looking up in awe at the images of creatures that were being projected by the circular device that the descendants had agreed they call the 'info disk' (Kyle's idea).

He walked pass them and got himself a bowl of cereal. After pouring milk, he sat across from the two girls, who still hadn't acknowledged him.

"Wow! So that's what Serpentine looks like," Jia said while pointing at an image of two blue humanoid snakes, one had legs and the other had a long tail instead of legs. Beside the image was a word. Hypnobrai, it said and below it were more information about the creature.

"That's just one of the five tribes." Crystal said as she read some of the text. "It says here that Hypnobrai can hypnotise people and can see through their victim's eyes."

"That's cool," Jason commented. The two girls practically jumped, only realizing that the redhead was sitting across from them.

"Oh. Jason, good morning." Crystal greeted. "Have you had a good nights rest?"

Jason nodded absentmindedly. "Yeah," he mumbled before looking between the two girls. "But someone could've woken me up. I wanted to try that Spinjitzu move. Or maybe the Cyclondo."

"Airjitzu," Jia corrected her brother with an amused smile. "Also, we told Kyle to wake you up, but he said you looked so peaceful so we let you sleep in. It's actually the first peaceful sleep you've had for months."

Jia lowered her voice when she said the last part, but Jason still heard her. And he frowned at that.

"I'm perfectly able to sleep peacefully at night, Jia." The ginger snapped.

"Don't deny it, bro," Jia snapped back. "You and I both know that you haven't got a decent night of rest ever since-"

Jia was cut off mid sentence when they heard shouting from outside. And it wasn't the witty quips the others were shouting earlier.

"That doesn't sound good," Crystal muttered before standing up and making her way outside with the two Walker siblings behind her.

The three was greeted with an unusual sight.

Frost was being held back by Leyla and Ember while Kyle was being held back by Raven. But what surprised the three were the multiple scorch marks and shards of ice scattered on the ground.

"Lemme go! I swear if I get my hands on that piece of scrap, he'll be sorry!" Kyle was yelling as he struggled against Raven's grip. How the black haired girl was holding back a guy that's taller than her was interesting.

"The only scrap here is your mouth. So why don't you just shut up?!" Frost shouted back. He wasn't struggling as much as Kyle, probably because he was a robot and he didn't want to hurt Leyla and Ember.