√ Chapter 4: Never Again

A/N
Hey! I'm alive! Okay, so.. I gotta admit, last chapter came out kinda rushed... and long. Forgive me for that. Also, sorry for the very long wait. Let's get straight to the story!

《¤》

Leyla wanted to cry. She wanted to just curl into a ball and cry her eyes out. But she knew she had to be strong. Crying won't save her or her parents from those things. It won't change the past and make it so that this never happened.

The memory was still fresh in her mind. She was just about to go into her parents' room, when she heard the door downstairs being blown off. The sounds of battle came after.

Scared, she had hurried to pull the case under the bed, and was surprised to see a lot of weapons. There were various types of swords, daggers, staffs, etc. But what caught her eye was a double-edged tanto.

Its handle was gold with small green leaves designed on it. She easily found its scabbard, which was also gold with leaf designs.

She had just attached the weapon to her belt when a shiver went up her spine, a feeling she's grown to recognize since she was young.

Someone was behind her.

Reluctantly, she turned around and saw someone, or something, at the door. Its body was like a figure made of total darkness. Its got a shadowy tail like a ghost's where its feet should've been. Its got arms as long as its body with claws that looked like they could slice through solid metal. Its purple eyes stared back at her, glowing eerily like an endless void.

 Its purple eyes stared back at her, glowing eerily like an endless void

The creature began to float slowly towards her, but she can't move. She was frozen in fear. Time seems to slow down as the creature raised its claw and brought it down to strike the young descendant.

There was a green blur and Leyla felt someone push her to the side and onto the bed. Before she can look who it was, she got pulled off the bed and towards a nearby window.

Leyla looked up and saw that it was her father. He was standing in a defensive stance and he held his sword in front of him.

"Dad, what's going on?" She couldn't help but ask. Lloyd kept his eyes locked on the Shadow before him, ready for whatever comes next.

"You'll know soon enough, Leyla." The former ninja replied. "You need to get out of here."

"What?! No! I wanna help you. I can take them." Leyla was quick to protest, looking from her father to the creature, who was just standing there.

"No, Leyla. You don't know how to fight it." Lloyd said. "It's not like any creature you've seen. That thing is a creature built purely of darkness. You can't fight it."

Before Leyla could protest, Lloyd continued. "You have nothing to prove here, Leyla." He said, growing frustrated. "The best way you can help is by getting as far away from here as you can."

Leyla swallowed her complaints and nodded. The former master of Energy pulled her close and whispered into her ear.

The creature made its way slowly towards the two and Leyla quickly climbed onto the windowsill. She looked back just in time to see the creature open its mouth that didn't seem to be there a while ago.

Even its mouth looked like an endless void of purple, Leyla had thought.

She saw her father quickly cover his ear and she did the same. The creature let out a scream. A loud high pitched, inhuman scream that Leyla thought could shatter every glass within a 10 mile radius. Lloyd wasted no time and continued to fight the creature.

That was what Leyla saw last as she jumped onto a tree branch and down to the ground. Then, she ran.

She ran until she thought she's only a few clicks away from New Ninjago City. The sun was setting, so she decided to spend the night up on a tree.

And that's where she is now. Her backpack was hanging on a nearby branch and she shifted her position on her branch so she was comfortable.

Just before she closed her eyes to sleep, she recalled her father's last words to her.

Go to Cyrus Borg and tell him who you are. You and the other Elemental descendants must learn the lost ancient arts. Remember what you have and will learn. You will need it.

Although Leyla had her doubts, she'll make sure she does what her father asked of her. No matter what.

She will save her parents, one way or another. Then, she will save Ninjago from those shadowy creatures. Perhaps that will make other kids stop making fun of her. She'd no longer have to hear their painful words or feel their hurtful actions.

She'd be a hero. She'll no longer have to be the weakling. The outcast. Never again.

With that thought in mind, she drifted off to sleep.

《¤》

Whew! That's done. So, this was more of a filler chapter but don't worry, the descendants will meet soon.

Also, did you guys like the pic I made of a Shadow Warrior? It's not my best work. I actually just made that in a rush so that I can describe it properly. What do you guys think?

I'll probably make another pic of a Shadow Warrior. An improved one. XD Also, please tell me what you think of the chapter. Constructive criticism is much appreciated.

See you next chapter!