* Chapter 2: Secrets and Lies {Part 2}

Leyla urged herself to continue running in pursuit of her father, but her father was a fast runner. She panted. She was still tired from their little spar a few moments ago.

"Where- are we- going- Dad?" She asked in between breaths. They haven't been running for long, but she was already exhausted.

Her father glanced at her over his shoulder, and Leyla wondered how he can run without looking where he was going.

"You're about to find out," was his reply before running faster and disappearing through some bushes.

Leyla pushed through and found herself standing in front of a tall tree. She looked around for her father, but she didn't see him.

"Dad?" She called. "Dad, where are you?"

Something suddenly appeared in front of her face. She screamed and covered her face with her arms. She heard a laugh and looked up to see her father.

Lloyd was hanging upside-down on a branch, with his legs curved on the branch to keep himself from falling. Leyla, still panting from both exhaustion and fear, stared at her father with wide eyes, and not only because she was surprised.

"How'd you get up there so quick?" She asked. Lloyd only chuckled. He pulled himself up and started to ascend the tall tree.

"Come on!" The former ninja called. Leyla could only stare as her father climbed the tree with great agility no man his age could compete against.

The blonde girl soon began to climb after her father. She grabbed a low branch and started to ascend the tall tree. Her pace was much slower than her father's, but she managed to reach the top.

Leyla found her father sitting on a branch and looking out into the distant outline of New Ninjago City. She positioned herself on a branch next to him.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Her father asked. Leyla only nodded as her father continued. "I remember the time I met your mother in the city. I knew from the moment I saw her, that she'll one day be the one I'd marry."

Leyla made a disgusted face and turned to face her father. "Did you bring me up here to listen to your love story?" She asked, her face scrunched up in disgust. "Cuz if yes, then I'll pass."

Lloyd only chuckled. "No. I brought you up here to teach you control." He said. Leyla cocked her head to the side.

"Control? Control what?" She asked curiously.

《¤》

Should I tell her? Lloyd thought. No. Telling her will only place her in more danger. She'll have to figure it out on her own.

"Control yourself," he said simply. Leyla looked even more confused. She turned to look at him, her hands holding the trunk so she wouldn't fall.

"Control myself? Seriously, Dad?" She asked skeptically.

"Seriously." Lloyd nodded and stood on the branch, a hand to the trunk. "To be a good fighter, one must control his/her self. If you can control yourself, you can control anything."

"That's.... impossible. Everyone knows you can't control everything." The young girl scoffed. "Life is life. You can't do anything to control it."

Lloyd smirked at her. "But life cannot control you." He said and pointed at her. "It's you who controls your life." Leyla was about to say something, but Lloyd continued.

"To control doesn't always mean to force someone or something to do things your way. It can also mean to gain emotional or mental control."

The young descendant stared at him for a moment before shaking her head in confusion. "I don't get it." She said.