* Prologue

>>》★《<<

Ninjago City was once a beautiful location, where its towers and skyscrapers stood high and mighty. The waters that surrounded the grand city was once peaceful and clear, the sun reflecting on its crystal surface. But now, most of the buildings were turned into rubble, smoke and dust lifting up into the sky. The once crystal waters was half of its original volume and littered with debris, the sun no longer able to reflect on its now dark surface.

Despite the depressing sight of the once beloved city, its people were jumping and rejoicing. The sounds of happiness reached the other side of the large river where a man clad in green stood at the edge of a small cliff. The steady breeze blew, wiping his blonde hair onto his face. His green eyes scanned through the many men and women, young and old, jumping around and shouting in joy for their victory over the enemy. Despite the happy feeling of victory, the man wore no smile, nor held no joy in his heart.

To him, it was a hallow victory. It was true that they have won against their enemies, but for what? Many lives were taken, never again to see this glorious day they have fought for this whole time.

A woman around the age of the man, with curly blonde hair tied in a ponytail, watched him from behind a nearby rock. Her ocean blue eyes narrowed in the light of the sun, her fingers pulling at her worn clothing.

She walked up to him and intertwined her hand in his. The man didn't look away from the city as he squeezed her hand gently. The two of them stood in silence, choosing to find comfort in each other's presence instead.

Their silence was interrupted when a young boy with dirty blonde hair squeezed in between them. His clothing was worn out and a few scratches littered his body, but a smile was plastered on his face and his blue eyes were twinkling with happiness.

Lloyd gave a small chuckle as he bent down to pick up his son. He lifted him high in the air and twirled around in place. The 3-year-old boy giggled and squealed in delight. He asked to be lifted higher.

Lloyd did so and the young boy squealed louder. The woman, Lynnette, just watched her husband and son with a small smile. The couple heard their names being called and they both looked behind them.

Just at the bottom of the hill was a worn-out red and gold ship. Its sails and hull had a few holes on it and the boosters were dented and a bit rusted. The flying ship was slightly buried in the ground, indicating that it had crashed there some time ago. How the once majestic ship ended up like this, Lloyd chose not to remember.

He saw the the figure of his friends, his family, walking up the hill towards the couple. The little boy wiggled out of his father's grasp before running over to two 7-year-old boys, who both looked just as happy as the younger boy.

The Fire ninja walked up to the couple and lightly punched Lloyd's arm. "Why the long face, green machine?" He asked with a smile, the scar on his forehead giving the blonde unwanted flashbacks. "You should be happy. We finally won! And after what? Three years?"

Lloyd forced a smile, though it disappeared as quickly as it came. "It just feels like a hallow victory."

Lynn placed a hand on Lloyd's shoulder, but the blonde man didn't look at her. "I mean, sure, we defeated them. But at what cost?" He asked with a frown. "So many people died, and most of Ninjago is reduced to rubble. That's not victory to me."

We Are Descendants {Ninjago}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें