The Battle

I woke up to the sound of Toothless groaning. When I opened my eyes I saw her squinting and shaking her head slightly "Bad hangover?" I asked with slight amusement ""Uhhh, why does it feel like Thor is hitting my head repetitively." She said as I stood up "That... is why I cut you off last night." All of a sudden she froze.

"What... did happen last night?" She said looking on the verge of panic "Eh... little more alcohol than I thought then." She looked at me for an explanation "You drank a bit and I brought you home to sleep... aaand you may have lost a little memory from it." I told her trying to leave out the embarrassing parts "Actually wait... I do remember a few things... did I lick you last night?" I rubbed the back of my head "You might have."

She let out a sigh "Remind me to never drink that stuff... ever." I couldn't help but laugh. She smacked me with her tail "Ow... thanks for that." She had her turn to snicker at me. After rubbing the sore spot on my side we both went downstairs "Dad must be at the hall." I said when I didn't see him.

I opened the door and started in the direction of the hall... but not Toothless "Why is it so bright?" She moaned stepping back into the house "Nope, you're coming with me. You drank it you can handle the consequences." She grumbled while squinting and followed me slowly. It took a little bit to get there.

Once we were at the hall the first thing we saw when entering was passed out vikings... many of them. I let out a chuckle before going to the food that was still warm from last night "We vikings really do know how to party." I said while grabbing a plate of mutton and a large tankard of water because well... I may have a slight hangover myself.

I set my stuff on a table and went into the back to grab a barrel of fish "Don't worry... didn't forget about you." I said setting the barrel down by Toothless and taking the lid off "Thank you... I'm starving." She said before digging in. I followed suit right behind her and even got seconds... maybe even thirds.

As I was almost done with my third plate multiple people were getting up and some finding barrels to puke in... most ran outside though. I couldn't help at chuckle, this is what we call fun. Out of the corner of my eye I saw my mom coming over to us "So how's it going... Hiccy." I partially squinted my eyes "Oh ha ha... hilarious." She laughed before sitting down next to me "Only messing with you."

"Hiccy?" Mom looked at Toothless for a second before letting out a chuckle "You don't remember?" Toothless looked at me "Seems like I need to be filled in on some info." I shook my head and pointed at ma "I'm not saying anything, but she will." I said going back to my food. So for the next five minutes mom filled her in on everything. I smirked as she started to blush.

"I did not call him Hiccy..." She said looking at me. I nodded and she all of a sudden started to smirk "Well I guess it's not the worst nickname ever... is it Hiccy?" I heard Cloudjumper snicker and I facepalmed "Please... I beg you not to call me that." She let out a small laugh "I'm just messing with you, I'd laugh every time I say it." I sent a mental thank you to every god I could think of.

We continued to chat and I got cloudjumper some food while mom got her own. Once they were done eating everyone was awake and the teens found their way to our table "Hiccup... please tell me why humans are so stupid." Hookfang said as he got to the table. I gave him a questioning look before he pointed.