Planning

"You killed her." I stared in horror at the body of Toothless and shook my head "N-no I couldn't do anything." I whimper out looking away. A force brought my head back to look at her. I started to cry "P-please stop." I said crying harder "You caused this..." I fell to my knees "I couldn't do anything... how could I have known?" I yelled out "You're weak, pathetic,... useless... you can't save her." I started to shake going into a fetal position

"Hiccup..." I looked up to see Toothless. Her eyes were a deathly pale of green "Toothless?" Her eyes turned into slits "You did this to me." I tried to crawl backwards but I was stuck "N-no I couldn't do anything." She started to walk towards me "If I never met you I would still be alive right now." I closed my eyes and shook my head "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..." I said looking back at her. She kept coming closer and I closed my eyes again not wanting to see the anger "Wake up Hiccup." I opened my eyes again to see her baring her teeth. Then she lunged at me "WAKE UP!"

I opened my eyes and screamed. I looked around and saw my mom, Cloudjumper, and Toothless starting at me. I got up and took a couple steps back "Hiccup... are you ok?" My mom asked worried. I looked at Toothless who was still alive and fell to my knees in the fetal position like in my dream to cry. Toothless came over to me and wrapped her wing around me covering my view from the others

"Shh... it's ok Hiccup, it was just a dream." She said embracing me with her paws and neck. I returned it still sobbing "I-I dreamt that I l-lost you again." I told her shakily. She tightened her grip on me "I figured but there's nothing to worry about Hic, I'm still here." I knew that but it felt so real

We sat like that until my mom came around the wing blocking their view "Hiccup... are you alright?" I sniffled a little letting go of Toothless "Ya, I'm good now. It was just a bad dream." I told her back. She looked at the ground and kicked the dirt nervously "What did you mean by you couldn't do anything? You kept saying that as we tried to wake you." I looked over at Toothless "Should I?" I asked her "You probably should."

My mom looked confused. I sighed and looked back at her "Remember how I said we had a little mishap yesterday when I showed up late?" She nodded "Well that mishap was... Toothless dying." I said choking out the last part. Her eyes opened wide "What do you mean dying?" She asked me. I motioned for her to sit down before I told her everything about the trip excluding Astrid

When I got done speaking my mom just sat there in silence for a minute "So... how did that happen?" I shook my shoulders "I don't know and honestly I really don't care as long as she's with me now." I said smiling at Toothless to which she returned "I've never heard about anything like this happening before." She said back to me. Cloudjumper gave me and Toothless a look before speaking "But I have..."

I looked over to him in surprise. I wouldn't search for a reason but if he knew I was more than willing to listen "Will you tell us?" He looked hesitant after looking at my mom "Well... it's another story about a volkin, a very unknown story." I looked over at Toothless quick before returning to him.

"There was a volkin by the name of Harold who had in his life bonded with a Skrill. Her name was Thea." He paused "The two were fighting a rogue volkin that had gotten power hungry and used his powers for evil. Thea was killed in the fight by the rogue." I would have never even guessed that there were multiple volkin at a time "After the fight a bystander claimed to have seen the same thing that you just told me." I looked over at Toothless again "So... you're telling me it's because I'm a volkin?" I asked him. That's when I noticed a look "What is it?" I asked him "Well... that's not all because multiple volkin were said to have lost their dragon companions. The only difference between Harold and Thea and the rest was the fact that they were known to have been a little more than just friends."