1.

"We had problems in the house, wasn't working em' out, and we done been through so much shit..."

KAYLA

Hi, my name is Kayla and I'm 13 years old. I'm from Detroit, Michigan. I have  very long curly black hair, I'm brown skinned, my eyes change color everyday, and I'm 4'5, I know very short, but I'm not a midget. I have a big brother who's 15 years old. I live in a very big mansion, I live in 1 household with my mom, dad, and brother. My mom is Puerto Rican and black and she's a house wife. And my dad is just black. My dad is a pharmacist, doctor, and businessman. Well thats what he tells me every time I ask him what he does. My daddy is mean to me and my sibling but it's okay. My mom loves us so it's okay. But my mom is a house wife, she doesn't have a job, my dad says her job is to take care of us and keep the house clean, cool, and suck his dick...

My dad really isn't a father he's like someone who buys us everything and doesn't talk to us at all and curses us out of he is and pretty much beat on us.

Once my mom had to take my brother to the hospital because my dad stomped him and made him fall out. He had a concussion but my mom told the doctor we were running in the house and he slipped and fell and hit his head on the floor. I'm a very smart 7th grade girl. I make straight A's and I have a lot of friends. I'm very popular and we go to an expensive school, and live in a good neighborhood in a big house.

" Who the fuck is she Tyrone! " I hear my mom yell from my room " You better lower your voice talking to me bitch! " I hear my dad yell back at her. " Who the fuck are you calling a bitch you fuck nigga! I can't believe you! You told me you wouldn't do this shit anymore and you keep doing it! I'm so done with your shit! Are you serious! I can't stand your dirty dick ass! Uncircumcised dick ass ni- " She gets cut off by a loud smack that makes me jump. I slowly walk out of my room and into my brother's room. " Ken I'm scared " I say to my big brother feeling my tears grow amongst my eyes. " It's okay they just playing Kayla " He says picking me up. I nod my head at him. I know it's something way more than that. I hear thumping noises and smacks and stuff from down the hall as tears roll down my face. " Bitch I'll kill you! " My daddy yells. I start crying as Ken try's to clam me down. " Stop! I'm sorry! Please! Stop! " I hear my momma scream. I hear another loud smack. " Stupid whore! I wish I never knocked yo ass up! I wouldn't even be with you if you didn't trap me! Stupid ass bitch! " My daddy's yells. " Die bitch! " He yells. I hear loud coughing. " I can't. Breath " I hear my mom say in a raspy voice. I'm crying really hard cause I think he's gonna kill her for real this time and we're going to have to live with him for the rest of our lives. " Get your ass up! Go clean yourself up and go downstairs and make them sorry son of a bitches something to eat! " He yells to my mom as she cries.

I hear loud footsteps lead to the room. My dad walks in and snatches me up by my ponytail. " Shut the fuck up! " He yells in my face giving me a strong slap in the face. " Yes sir " I say still crying hard. " Stupid piece of shit what I just say?! Gone be just like yo bitch ass momma! Shut up stupid ass helpless ass child! " He yells throwing me on the floor and kicking me in my face. I think my nose is broke. Blood is everywhere. I cover my bloody mouth trying to stop crying so he doesn't do anything else to me.

I stand up and walk into Ken's bathroom and wipe my mouth. I try wiping my nose but it hurts too bad. " Y'all asses better be sleep by time I get back here " I hear my dad say. " Yes sir " Me and Ken say in unison. I hear the front door downstairs slam. My mom rushes in crying. " Are you okay baby girl? " My mom ask looking at my nose in tears. " Mommy I think it's broke " I say crying all over again. " Get your shoes on Ken we gotta take her to the hospital " My mom says wiping her tears.

...

Turns out my nose is broken so yea. We're in the kitchen eating chicken tetrazzini for dinner. " Hurry up before your daddy gets home I don't want him to hit you anymore tonight " My mom mumbles washing her plate and cup. My brother hands his plate and cup to my momma for her to wash it. " Go straight to bed, you can get your bath in the morning, cause you can't take no more blows to the head " My mom says. " Can I have my tv on " Ken asks. My mom shakes her head no. " It's too risky " She says to him. He signs and go upstairs. " Hurry up Kayla, do you want him to beat you again? " She asks me. I shake my head no while handing her my plate. " Run upstairs and put your clothes on and get in bed no tv, okay? I don't want him hitting on you no more " She says washing my dishes. I do as said.