마흔

forty; COUPLE OF SECONDS

     jungkook was observant since the past week. his eyes automatically drifting to the shop in front of them.

     jungkook could've told jimin himself about what his boyfriend and friend did behind his back but it would break him. and jungkook did not want to see jimin cry.

     so he waited. he was still waiting for either yoongi or taehyung to come by and apologize. but one week past and there haven't been a sign of both of them.

     maybe they've already told him their apologies somewhere else and jungkook did not see. but jungkook was sure that jimin still didn't know. jimin looked pretty normal. that slight smile on his face was still there.

     and like every other day jungkook took care of costumers while staring out the cafe and at jimin. he was waiting tables as always.

   it was all normal except for one thing. his hands trembled. jungkook could clearly see it. and then he looked at jimin go inside the back room and come out with his apron off and his bag hanging around his shoulders.

     his shift wasn't over yet. jungkook knew the timings.

     once jimin opened the door of cafe, his eyes met jungkook's. he stared for a couple of seconds before walking down the streets.

     those couple of minutes were enough for jungkook to look through the boy.

     jimin knew and he was going to cry.

     jungkook was quick to throw off his own apron and rush behind the small boy.

if a person truly understands you, no words are needed to explain. eyes can speak well enough