서른아홉

thirty-nine; GUILT

     guilt.

     the guilt taehyung was going through was eating him inside out. he couldn't concentrate and was close to tears.

     costumers were getting irritated due to his lack of attention. the poor boy tried to work as fast and properly as possible but his lost self didn't let him.

     taehyung was so close to loosing his shit and break down when he saw that one person enter the store. he quickly took charge and helped taehyung out with all the costumers.

     the short boy seemed skilled in the job. once he was done with all the costumers and the store was nearly empty, except for a few people roaming around the shop, he finally turned to taehyung.

     he opens his mouth to speak but is attacked by countless questions and accusations.

     "i wasn't conscious but i remember all of it!" he yelled, tears slipping down his cheeks as his breath hitched.

     yoongi said nothing but let the boy take out his frustration. he needed it.

     "jimin will hate me. i'm such a bad friend. i kissed you back." elbows on the counter and face hidden in his palms, taehyung refused to look up when yoongi told him to.

     "i hate you," he mumbled, taking shaky breaths. "i hate myself. jimin will hate us."

     "stop," yoongi said and pressed the taller's head to his chest. "i'm sorry. i was under the influence of alcohol and my mind wasn't stable."

     "aren't you guilty?" taehyung sniffed, rubbing his red nose.

     "yes," yoongi paused. "and no."

     "what?" taehyung frowned deeply.

     "yes, because i love jimin and it was wrong for him. and no, because," yoongi stopped, stepping a few steps back and shoving his hands into his front pockets. "i don't know.. i guess i've been wanting to do it for a while. maybe,my drunk self could gather the courage to do something my sober self couldn't."

     with that yoongi rushed out of the store. his lips quivered as he stepped out to the cold.

     his lips remain parted as he saw a guy standing right there, at the door, his face blank and body stiff.

     yoongi thought about speaking something but he knew it wasn't a good idea, so he ignored and walked straight ahead.

     while jungkook was still there standing outside in the cold.

my drunk self could gather the courage to do something my sober self couldn't