서른여섯

thirty-six; DESERVE BETTER

     taehyung was standing in front of the cafe. peeking into it, he wondered if it was the right time to talk to the boy.

     but he had waited for too long to talk to him. he just had to talk then. without further thought he entered the cafe and upon spotting the brown headed waiter, he pulled him to an empty table.

     the other boy was baffled as he stared at taehyung with utter confusion.

     "hey," taehyung greeted, his lips pressed upon seeing the friend he had made under strange circumstances.

     "hi?" jimin said, still confused.

     "i'm sorry for all the mess."

     jimin frowned. "you shouldn't be apologizing, tae. jung-"

     taehyung interrupted him. "he apologized and we're fine now." taehyung smiled slightly. "now it's about you."

     "what about me?" jimin asked resting his chin on his hand.

     "are you happy?" taehyung brought the old question up again.

     "of course i am." jimin furrowed.

     "yeah sure," taehyung rolled his eyes. "you think i don't remember your fights? you need to admit it jimin. your relationship with yoongi is not at all healthy."

     "but-"

     "for once, be true to yourself and tell me the truth," taehyung demanded.

     jimin looked down and bit his lip before speaking, "it's not as good."

     "as good?" taehyung raised his brow.

     "okay okay. we're a troubled couple. but i love him and i think he does t-"

     "you think?" taehyung frowned while jimin looked away. and this move made everything clear; either jimin did not trust yoongi or yoongi was not trustable.

     "has he hurt you in some way?" taehyung asked.

     jimin nodded, his teeth sinking into his bottom lip. "he cheated on me. a couple of times."

     taehyung closed his eyes, sighed and opened them again. "you deserve better and-"

     "but i lo-"

     "stop." taehyung brought his hand up. "you deserve better and better is jungkook. you need to give that boy a chance."

love doesn't work if your relationship is toxic