letter xv

FOREWORD: THIS IS ANOTHER LONG CHAPTER WOOT WOOT ALSO EVAN PETERS IS SO ADORABLE

"it's been the story all our lives"

~

Hank unrolled some big papers onto the table in the middle of the atrium room.

"Uh why do we have blueprints of the Pentagon in this house?" Neva asked, peering over his shoulder.

"No reason," Hank waved his hand. She raised an eyebrow. Logan and Charles both looked at the maps. "Erik is here." He pointed to a small area thousands of feet under the actual Pentagon. "The room they're holding him in was built during the Second World War when there was a shortage of steel. So the foundation is pure concrete and sand. No metal."

"At least the American government is good for something," Neva murmured.

"He's being held hundred of floors beneath the most heavily guarded building in the planet," Charles commented.

"Why is he in there?" Logan asked. Hank and Charles exchanged glances. Neva raised an eyebrow again.

"What, he forgot to mention?" Charles laughed.

"Uh JFK," Hank said. Logan looked surprised.

"What else explains a bullet miraculously curving through the air?" Charles scoffed. "Erik's always had a way with guns. Are you sure you want to carry on with this?" Logan nodded. "Alright, this is your plan not mine."

"We don't have any resources to get us in," Hank frowned.

"Or out," added the Brit. "It's just me, Hank, and Neva."

"River is too young to help," Neva cut in. Logan nodded.

"I know a guy," he said, thinking for a few seconds. "Yeah, he'd be a young man right now. Grew up out of DC. He could get into anywhere." Logan looked up. "I just don't know how the hell we're going to find him." Hank glanced at Charles.

"Is Cerebro out of the question?" he asked hesitantly. Charles looked down. "I mean, we have a phonebook."

"Alright, let's find this mystery man," Neva said with a smile.

~

Charles was a horrible driver.

Neva had to hold River close to her, so the little girl wouldn't fall out of the door as the British man swerved along the road.

"Charles!" she almost yelled. "Can you drive normally?!"

"I'm trying!" he said back. Hank had his head in his hands, and Logan looked a little scared. They took another turn and ended up in a quaint looking neighborhood outside of DC. Logan looked out the window in his fancy sunglasses.