letter iii

"you're right where you want to be, you're right in front of me"

October 29, 1964

Dear Alex,

You asked me to go to the mall with you yesterday. You seemed very nervous. Which is strange. I mean, no one has ever asked me to go out with them AND was nervous at the same time. I usually was the quiet girl in the back who was always writing.

I said yes.

You were a bit shocked, I could see it in your eyes. But then you grinned. You were really happy. I'll have to admit: I think I shocked myself when I said yes.

However, if I wanted to go on a hangout with anyone (is it a date?) from our group, it'd be you. I'm glad you thought so too.

We're going today. You said you could drive. I'm writing this about an hour before we leave. I think that you're nervous still. You were acting a bit shy today, which was quite funny. Who would've thought that me, "Nerdy" Neva, would make a guy like Alex Summers become shy.

The only thing I worry about is if we ever do date, what would it be like? If I touch you, I'll learn your future and past. And I'm not ready for that, Alex. Reading someone's future isn't a walk in the park. Nor is reading someone's past easy. My mutation rips my mind apart sometimes. Especially when you're reading someone who you hold close to your heart. Like my parents.

But right now, I think I'll focus on the present moment. You're where you want to be, and I'm where I want to be. We're both in front of each other, seeing each other for who the other person it. Their personality, soft spots, weird hobbies, everything.

You're teaching me that all guys are as stupid as they seem. No offense Charles, Hank, and Sean.

Life in the mansion hasn't been very eventful. The only thing that's changed is now I'm an X-Men. Yay. I don't use my mutation (it's not very useful during battles), so instead, Hank gave me a gun and told me to start shooting targets. Turns out, I'm pretty damn good at shooting.

Maybe I can be a sniper or something. That'd be kind of cool.

I'm excited for our mall trip. Ecstatic actually. And also anxious. I'm probably one of the most awkward people ever. So bare with me. I mean, you have dealt with me for over two months now so...hope it all goes well!

I just realized that there is going to be a lot of Halloween stuff and candy and all that jazz since it's in two days. Oh no.

From, Neva Liu