letter xxv

"don't you fret, i hardly feel the pain. a little fall of rain, can hardly hurt me know. you're here, that's all i need to know. and you will keep me safe, and you will keep me close, and rain will make the flowers grow."

~

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

~

February 12, 1973

Dear Alex,

Today was River's birthday! It was so much fun! We baked a cake together, then we ate it, then we went swimming (because you know it's her favourite), and then we watched a couple movies, which was super nice. I forgot how much I liked movies.

River was very happy, which made us all happy. We've known her for 3 years now! Time flies! I wish you could've been here to celebrate. Oh well. I think you'll be back soon. Although I've been telling myself that for years now.

Well, I hope you are doing well. I just got a wave of sleepiness from all that cooking and swimming. I'll write more about River later! (if I have time) I just wanted to document this day for if you ever come back.

Love, Neva Liu

~

February 13, 1973

"Neva! Neva!" Hank yelled throughout the house. Neva ran out of her room half asleep with her hair tousled. She rubbed her eyes and continued putting her jacket on.

"What?!" she yelled back. Hank finished running up the stairs in a flurry. He looked like a mess but a somewhat happy mess.

"Army...River...Summers...back..." The scientist tripped over his words, and his heavy breathing muddled everything he said. Neva tried to unscramble his words.

Wait, she thought. Did he just say...Summers? Her heart sped up as did her breathing. She felt her brain start to work out the possibilities. Hank was still panting as she started to run.

Neva pushed past him (he smiled to himself) and ran down the long hallway, feet going as fast as she could. Everything whirled around her, she couldn't feel her legs; all she could think of was her burning heart and Alex Summers. She slid down the stairs...

And right into his arms.

Alex hugged her tightly, not wanting to ever let go. He wanted the moment to last forever and ever. She did too. Neva hugged him, and the rush of emotions from the past three years caused her to start sobbing. They both were crying, but Neva more. Her tears stained his uniform, but he didn't care. Alex whispered sweet nothings into her ear, and she realised how much she had missed the sound of his voice. The pair was finally together.

After a couple minutes, Neva stopped crying as hard and he loosened his hug to take a good look at her. They held hands, just grinning at each other. They both had changed: they looked more tired, more weary. Neva started laughing.

Letters {Alex Summers}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें