Chapter Twenty: Gay Boys and Doritos

Start from the beginning

"Ah, I gotcha. So, what I was going to tell you was-"

"William!" My mother shouted. I turned to see her standing in the doorway, hands on her hips and her face irritated.

"Hold that thought," I covered the microphone, turning to my mom. "What?" I asked.

She sighed and shook her head, "How many times have I told you, no feet on the furniture!" she scolded, stomping over my way and picking my feet up, dropping them to the floor. She turned to look at my still unfinished bowl of cereal and pursed her lips together. "And since when are we allowed to eat in the living room?"

"We're not," I asnwered bashfully.

"Yeah, William, no Cheerios on the couch," James taunted between grunts. I turned to him, only to find him in his brother's chokehold.

"James, we don't need the peanut gallery. Ethan, let go of your brother," mom commanded the two, pointing her finger at them. Don't get my wrong, my mom's a nice woman. But if you rub her the wrong way, she can also be your worst nightmare. Right now was one of those times you didn't want to mess with her.

I shook my head at my younger cousins, "Mom," I pleaded, "just this one time?"

"Okay, fine, if you insist," she relented, "but I swear, if there is any trace of food left in my living room, you're cleaning this entire room, top to bottom. Understood?"

"Understood," I groaned as she retreated back to the kitchen. As soon as she was gone, Ethan put James back in the chokehold, attacking his brother. I sighed and returned to my phone, "Sorry about that. You were saying again?"

"Right," Ronald started, "my New Year's Eve party-"

"Didn't you just have a Christmas Eve party?"

Ronald scoffed. In the back of my head, I imagined him rolling his eyes at me and mouthing the word 'duh', "Well, yeah, but what's New Year's Eve without a party, y'know?"

"Touche," I laughed.

"Now, finally," he took an audible deep breath, emphasizing what he was preparing to say, "my New Year's Eve party venue has been changed- we're coming over to your place to celebrate tonight!"

"What?!" I shouted, jumping up from the couch, my foot hitting against the leg of the coffee table and making it wobble. I bent over, putting my hands on it to prevent it from tipping over or spilling my bowl. Once everything was under control, I returned to Ronald, "Seriously?! You planned this and you didn't even ask me! What the heck?! Dude, how do you think my mom is gonna react when she hears this?! Heck, my aunt and uncle and cousins are here-"

"Okay William, first, calm your tits," Ronald interrupted my rant. He was aware that if he hadn't intervened, I would've gone on and on for a while, "second, they should be honored that they get to experience one of the legendary Knox parties."

I sighed and shook my head, sinking back down into the couch, "Just answer me this, Ronnie- why?"

"I've held enough parties in my time, I believe it's your turn now, my young Padawan," he stated, "and, Remi wanted the house empty for her 'special night' with Eric."

I nodded along, trying not to get a mental image, "You don't think they'd-" 

"Don't think I don't know what you're gonna ask, because I already asked Remi. She's just making him dinner and thne they'll do couple-y stuff like watch movies and stuff."

"Okay, good," I nodded again, "So, it's just gonna be our regular group minus Eric and plus the Demon High Trio?"

"Well," Ronnie drew out his 'l' and took a deep breath, instantly giving me the impression that the news he was bearing wasn't good, "So here's the deal, I'm just gonna tell you. Grell's sorta ditching us to tag along with Sebastian and his crew to a South High New Year's party," he scoffed, "as if that'll be better than a Knox party!"