Dress?

It was just that he'd never seen her in a dress...

It was no secret amongst Spectrum that LB was beautiful. Her elegant features gave her a classic natural beauty. That combined with her sparkling and audacious personality and wild spirit left her with an undeniable attraction. You wanted for her to like you.

In their previous cases they had been either code breaking, training or in planned action. Therefore LB either stayed in her usual trouser suit and coloured top or in various spectrum jumpsuits.

His best friend had little time for 'girly girl' clothes as she so often put it: preferring to opt for practical things she could fight in.

They were on their first mission to investigate. Surveillance at the first ever Fountain Awards. Not to carry out any defence, just to follow their target and find as much out as possible. To follow unseen they had to blend in. To blend in they had to act as they act. Dress as they dress.

For Bradley this meant a crisp new suit and bow tie. A troublesome piece of fabric if ever there was one. After 5 minutes of struggling he admitted defeat, shoved it into his pocket and undid his top button instead. Then he went to find to find LB.

She was staying in the suite next to him. He waited at the bottom of the corridor for her arrival. Meet you in 2 minutes flashes up on his watch. He set about checking the small box he had brought, yes they were still there. A pair of small and intricately patterned fly earrings with rubies as eyes. They matched his cufflinks, a gift from her after her life from the freezing waters. It seemed fitting he could return the favour to LB, he owes her his life and partly the reason he remained alive was through her ability to be able to find him through the secret location transmitter feature of the cufflinks.

He was so lost in thought it wasn't until he heard the steady steps of high heels that he looked up.

There was LB striding down the corridor in stiletto heels. Miraculously that isn't the most startling thing about her appearance (she doesn't care for shoes of any kind). She wears a crimson dress with straps that lightly grace her shoulders. A delicate sweetheart neckline that leaves her collarbones and shoulders exposed, flowing material that cascading down to her ankles. The red perfectly highlighting her tanned complexion. Her chestnut hair cascades down her back in perfectly formed curls. She was striking. Almost ethereal.

He has never seen her like this. He stands awestruck, watching as she walks towards him a sultry expression on her face.

She eventually reaches him, a good three inches taller than she was half an hour ago.

'You look amazing' says Bradley still partially shocked.

She smiles and tucks her hair behind her ear,
'You don't clean up too bad yourself' she says flirtatiously.

Her eyes wonder to my lack of bow tie. She chuckles to herself.
'Did you lose the battle with your bow tie Baker?'

I won't let her know she's got the better of me.

"I decided the outfit was better off without" I lie through the skin of my teeth.

"Besides I don't often see you complaining about my top button being undone. I recall you seem to rather like it" I say.

She raises her eyebrows comically as if in outrage. She fixes me with this look of disapproval for a few seconds before the facade disintegrates and her smile slowly shines through.

"You're hopeless Baker" she says. Then she reaches into my pocket and pulls out the bow tie. She loops it around her neck and then uses both her free arms to do up my top button. After she threads the bow tie around my neck and ties it perfectly.
I'm impressed, but then again what can't my Loveday do?

"... and a terrible flirt" she says before planting a quick kiss on my lips.

"What can I say" I reply true to our long running script
"I learnt with the best"

I have a project which I'm planning on doing which involves LBaker and Ruby. It would be kind of a conspiracy and is going to take a lot of working out plot wise. I'm hoping to have it up by Christmas but if I don't you can blame my amazing best friend who's helping peer check everything. Looking forward to hearing any ideas for one shots oh guys have.
~Katherine