L.C | 7 |

| Brazzen |

I stared at her while composing in my head the right words to say "I'm sorry Brazz– Mr. West, kahit gusto kong makipagusap sayo ngayo–" I cut her off

"Brazzen"

"I'm sorry– what?" I lifted my gaze directly into her eyes "drop the Mr. West thingy, just Brazzen. You're making me feel like I'm in the office"

She gave me a slight nod tyaka ito sumandal sa pader "Ah so Br–-azzen? May sasabihin ka?" I took a breath in and out before inserting both of my hands inside my pants pocket "I just want to ask you something?"

She gave me her confused look then took a quick glance of her wristwatch "I'm listening, go on" she said while letting out a deep sigh for two times

"The thing you did awhile ago, about the incident inside the medicube? Is that fine? I mean– I saw that you took of your earpiece after talking to someone"

"And what your trying to say is?" She cut me off before I could add something in my paragraph "well, I know it is not appropriate to listen sa usapan ng iba– but I can't help to overhear your comrades discussing something about insubordination?"

"Ang chismoso talaga ng mga lalaking yun" Araina murmured, she then rolled her eyes "yes, I kinda disobeyed my superior's order which is a call for insubordination"

"B- akit?"

She was about to open her mouth when her walkie talkie suddenly beeped "Suprema over" tipid na tingin ang binigay niya tyaka kinuha ang walkie talkie sa kanyang combat uniform's pocket "this is Suprema over"

"The order has arrived from the corps command, please report here in the main cabin over" tipid na ngiti ang kumawala sa labi niya and she started walking away from my direction, but she stopped after taking a few steps "I just had to protect what I have to, and for me that is one of my responsibility as a Supreme"

And she finally walked away with her both hands inserted inside of her pocket, hindi ko maiwasang hindi tignan ang papalayo niyang katawan. I then, let out a sigh before inserting both of my hands inside my lab gown's pocket. I shouldn't feel this towards her but damn

I don't know why I'm fvcking worried

***

"Waaah! Ang cool talaga ni Lieutenant Colonel Araina!" Rue said, she's one of our nurses "sana pala doc, pagsusundalo nalang ang kinuha kong kurso" Cole let out a heartily laugh while his both hand's inside his pockets

"It's better this way, hindi makokompleto ang team ko without my pretty nurses"

Rue then laugh before giving Cole a light punch on his shoulder "ikaw talaga doc, mahilig ka talagang mambola" they continued giving their comments about what happened awhile ago without forgetting to give compliments to each other "you're all impossible"

I murmured with a moderate tone, just enough to make them hear what I've said "loosen up bro, you're still alive aren't you? Akala ko pa naman ay nasa action film ako kanina, it was damn cool!"

"The fvck Cole! You're crazy"

"What? I was kinda scared earlier but it was also damn exciting— yeah?"

I gave him a glare, kinuha ko ang braso niya sa pagkakaakbay sa balikat ko "just smash your head in the wall– that would be better" but Cole was just really a fan of action for he just gave me his loud laugh

The next day— we were able to woke up early, we immediately fixed the materials that we needed for today "Doc, our base will be open for civilians at 8am. Okay na po ba ang mga gagamitin niyo for check ups?"

"Yes"

Tumango ito bago nagpasalamat, he was about to walk out when I stopped him "you're from Araina's team?" He turned his back to face me "hindi, team Alpha is consist of officially four members only. But we are under team Alpha's command, why?"

"Well– uhm, have you seen Araina?"

He was caught off guard for seconds before blinking his eyes for a couple of times "si Suprema ho? Ang alam ko ay pinaparusahan siya ngayon"

"What kind of– punishment?"

Tipid siyang ngumiti before giving me a sad look "a punishment that you wouldn't want to know, our punishment as a Supreme is not ordinary"

"Kung gano kabigat ang nagawa mo, ganun din kabigat ang parusa mo. And insubordination's punishment is quite hard as far as I know"

I can't focus on my work the whole day, the afternoon came but still– no Araina can be seen everywhere "earth to Brazzen!" Binigyan ko ng nakakamatay na tingin si Cole "I'm going to sleep" i said before storming out from the medicube

We just finished gathering for a quick meeting, we also had our dinner before doing it. But my mind were not cooperating the whole time, that's why I was kinda preoccupied the whole duration of the meeting "kailangan mo nga, kanina ka pa lutang"

I decided to fetch myself a cold drink of water before proceeding to my tent, the kitchen is in the main cabin of team Alpha. I slowly twisted the door knob "ay! Hot na abs!"

"Fvck!"

We stared at each other for a minute "Brazzen? Ba't ka ba nanggugulat?!" She's holding her chest like she was having an heart attack "s–orry, I didn't know that someone's here"

Bumuntong hininga siya as a sign of relief, she gave me a nod and was about to take a step when darkness filled the whole room "aray!"

"O–kay, are you okay?"

"I wish I am, wag kang magalala. Babalik din agad ang kuryente, routine na ito ng campo dahil na rin sa shortage ng kuryente"

What she did was right, the electricity went back on after a couple of minutes. I had a hard time adjusting my sight causing me to take a few steps back "Brazzen!"

*thud!*

***
Note:

I'm sorry for the delay, masyadong busy lang talaga. October really gave me a full schedule in my calendar 😩😪 ang daming activities but it was fun, anyways. Sana nakabawi ako kahit papano! 😁☺️

Wag ho sana kayong magsawa, I will update as soon as I finish writing the next chapter. Take care! 😊