"You got me there." I gave in.

We talked for a while, and it was honestly... really nice.

Eventually I asked her, "So, when will you become my wife and not just my fiancée?"

She rolled her tongue, "When we get married."

"Which will be..?"

"When we have a wedding." she giggled.

"Nic,"

"I knowwww" she groaned. "We just have a lot going on-"

"There will always be a lot going on Nic, you're always busy."

"Okay fine, honestly, I've been putting it off." she admitted.

"Why?"

"I- I want us to work the kinks out of our relationship first. I want- I want our wedding day to be the beginning of our happily ever after." She explained.

I couldn't be mad at her for that response.

"I'm not saying new obstacles won't come our way, but if we can get through the current ones and really just learn eachother and learn to truly navigate this relationship together, I just feel like the future would be so much easier." she continued, "Thats what I want our marriage to be. I wanna be madly in love, I want us to have traditions, date nights, family time.. The idea of just being completely comfortable."

"I understand."

"Plus," she added, "I was thinking of helping a few brides-to-be with their weddings and hand-making their dresses and stuff.. so I can be super
prepared for planning ours and to have an idea of what I want."

"Thats really time-consuming.. but I think its something you'd like."

"Really?" I could tell she was blushing through the phone, "I was gonna get Lydia to help me hand-make my dress as well as the bridesmaid dresses etc.. but then I was thinking that if we wait for the triplets to at least start walking, Ali can be the flower girl, and OJ and the boys can carry the rings."

As it turned out, Nicki had put much thought into the wedding. She laid out all the ideas she had for it and we ended up on the phone all the way until I got to the airport.

NICKI POV

Lydia came in after I got off the phone with Aubrey.

"I didnt want to interrupt your phone call." she apologized.

"Its fine, whats up?" I patted the bed beside me for her to sit down.

She instead, laid across the foot of the bed so I was able to play in her hair as she spoke, "So, Anita found out we came here, and she apparently has something really important to tell me.."

"So she's coming here?" I guessed.

"Yeah, are you okay with that?"

"Of course. Is she staying in your room? I can book a separate room for Liyah and OJ to share." I offered.

"I'll pay for it." she stated.

"Come on its fine, Liyah is Aubrey's da-"

"OJ is my son too, and Liyah is like a daughter to me. I can pay for their room Nic." she insisted.

"You know... that reminds me." I massaged her temples, "I dare not mention this to Aubrey."

"Mention what?" she giggled.

More Than Businessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें