Something in the back of my head goads me to keep reading and I do, my heart breaking and tears pricking my eyes, threatening to fall as I read in graphic detail the abuse she suffered, many of the entries stained with blood spots.

I feel sick reading these accounts. No one should have to go through this. Especially not her.

I close the book and take a deep breath, trying to quell the slow burning anger that i can feel taking over. Opening the journal again, I flip to a random account and my eyes fall on the name Hunter. Curiousity peaked, I begin reading through these journal entries, almost throwing the journal when i see how close they came to dating.

James wasn't made for marriage. I know it. He knows it. Liv doesn't, i shake my head as I read. He was married during all of this and cheating on Liv with some girl and she stopped talking to him for a while, so he started talking to Aubri. She's written most of their conversations down and they are quite insightful into the man i thought was my friend James.

"How hasn't he been caught yet?" I wonder to myself as I read a conversation between he and Aubri about the girl he was seeing previously. Something about their conversation feels oddly familiar. I just can't put my finger on it.

I'm so lost in reading the journal, that I barely hear Loki stroll into Aubri's room and plop himself down by the side of her bed (when did he start making it a habit to sleep by whatever bed she sleeps in?), resting on his paws as he closes his eyes.

I smirk.

If only Loki had been as accomodating to Sophia, they would have gotten along great.

Sophia.

I ignore the surge of emotions that begin clawing their way to the surface on refelction of her name. I can't deal with them right now. I know i'm doing it wrong but I'm still not over the fact that she was going to try and pass someone else's baby off as mine, had she not lost it.

"Mate, what are you doing?" Harry's voice makes me jump, almost dropping the journal.

"Nothing much, just looking around," I state plainly as Harry shoots a pointed look at the journal in my hands, eyebrow arched.

"I don't think you should be reading that, if that's what i think it is." Harry gestures with his chin to the book.

I nod.

"I know I shouldn't but I do need to know what happened before she came here, it worries me that she knows both Huntingtons."

Harry's features darken, "what are you talking about?"

I glance out her bedroom door, listening for sounds of movement.

"She's asleep on the couch. I just put a blanket over her." Harry answers to my guestioning look.

"She knows James... Only she doesn't know him as James, she knows him as Hunter. She also said that back in New York, James and dave acted like they didn't know each other, so she was shocked to find out that they are bothers."

The muscle in Harry's jaw jumps as he grits his teeth. "What are they doing?"

I sigh in frustration. "That's what i'm trying to figure out. That's why i'm reading this. We have to keep her safe."

Nodding, Harry crosses the room and takes the journal from me, flipping a few pages and stopping to read. His eyes widen a bit and he flips back a few pages to read before flipping back to that page. His eyes widen a bit and his jaw tenses as he looks up at me from the entry he was reading.

My curiousity getting the better of me, I grab the book from his hand and read the entry that has him so clearly bothered. My eyes make it mid-way down the page before I pause.

You have to be kidding me.

Sophia.

She was the girl that James couldn't get over.

It's much better to face these kinds of things, with a sense of poise & rationality. My subconscious reminds me.

Fxck that.

-

A/N Hey Guys! Sorry it took so long to update. This week has been crazy. Monday i was too amped to write because i had a concert Tuesday, then Tuesday camped out from about 6am to 7:30pm for the 5 Seconds of Summer concert and the last two days i've been trying to recover from the epicness that was the New York City stop of the StarsStripesandMapleSyrup tour. I figured i would write today before the potential livestream of the first show of the Where We Are Tour (1D) gets started and then i really wouldn't be focused haha.

Thanks so much for the reads, votes & comments! You guys rock.

The curveballs are coming soon so stay tuned!

Twitter: 4blkarrows

IG: Blogbooksbb (just added a ton of videos and pictures from the 5sos concert if anyone is interested)

ah i also now co-own a 5sos twitter acct. @/5sosadults check it out. <3