What are you doing?

The hall erupted into full applause. The fathers was shook by the loud noise. They could hear people whistle and shout. Around them everyone stood up and they followed suit. The lights went on again and they could see all of the actors standing together on the stage. Hamilton searched for Y/N and Lin and found them right in the middle, holding around each other. You caught his eyes and waved at them.  "Do you think they liked it?" Lin asked you, a tad nervous. You smiled at him, showing your perky whites. "Of course they did. Look at them! They look like children on sugar highs." You both laughed and finished bowing in front of the audience.

As the applause died down and people started sitting down again, you could hear Alex start playing something on his piano. You turned to look at Lin confused, but he wasn't there. Instead he was standing at the front of the stage with a microphone in his hand. "What is happening?" You asked Jazzy, who stood next to you. She only smiled and gestured that you should pay attention.
And that's when you heard it, when first, you recognized the familiar tones Alex was playing and then you heard suddenly heard Chris start to shout. You smiled but still confused.

"You ain't got no skills!" "Chris" the whole cast shouted together. You looked around and found him jumping up on the stage with a microphone in his hand as well. "Everyone! This is Christoffer Jackson, our very good friend!" Lin shouted. "Hello, theater folks!" The audience laughed. You ran up to Lin and Chris as they gave each other a 'bro' hug. "What's going on guys?" You asked, still I little bit confused. Lin just shushed you and started talking. "For those of you people who doesn't know, Chris here, played gorge Washington before Y/N." the crowd cheered. "But don't you think ay/N here is amazing as well?" "YES!!!!!!" You heard everyone shouted. Allot of them coming from behind you as well. You turned your head and smiled at the cast. "Lin?" Chris asked Lin turned towards Chris, and the whole theater listened. "Don't you have anything to say to your girlfriend?" You looked at Lin with your eyebrows raised. "Actually I do, thanks for reminding me Chris." He glared a little bit and Chris laughed and walked a little bit away from you. Had you been paying attention to him as he walked away, you would have seen him fishing up his phone and filming you and Lin. But you where more focused on what Lin was saying.

"Dear Y/N" you raised your eyebrows. "We've known each other for many, many, many years and its four years since we started dating, or courting as they would have said during the revolution." The audience laughed. You looked at Lin, urging him to continue. "You grew up, just like Alexander Hamilton-" You turned your head and looked at said founding father and smiled. He only looked confused. 'What does he mean?' Was going through his brain. "-young, scrappy and hungry." You nodded, uncertain of where this was going. "You grew up without a family, your father left you and moved to England and your mother died, when you where very young." "Where is this going, Lin?" You muttered and met his eyes. "You grew up in an orphanage, the same one Eliza established, am I correct?" You nodded and looked at him with questioning eyes. "You have lost so much and come so far. You're a ray of sunshine, always smiling and jumping around. We met fifteen years ago, we were still kids back then." He laughed. "You were wearing a yellow sundress and I couldn't take my eyes of you. Only fourteen years later we actually realized that we wanted to be more than friends." At that everyone laughed. You looked at him with wide eyes, unsure of what to say. 'This sounded a lot like a...but it couldn't be? Lin wouldn't just...no.' Your thoughts where punched aside when you saw him kneeling in front of you. He took his hand in yours. "Y/N, my beautiful Y/N. I love you so much, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you-" you started tearing up and could feel your knees start to shake. "-would you please do me the honor-" He paused and took at deep breath. "-of becoming my wife?" You looked at him, tears streaming down your face. You couldn't form any words, your mouth was as dry as Sahara. Luckily, your head spoke for you, nodding as fast as you could. He slipped a beautiful ring in your finger and you practically dragged him up and kissed him passionately. The screams around you where ear deafening, but you didn't care. All that mattered right now was Lin. You pulled away, smiling. And he did the same. You stood there a little bit longer before the screaming calmed down. "I love you." You whispered. "I love you too."

Lin lifted the microphone up to his mouth, smiling like an idiot. "Ok, that's it everybody! Have a great night and good luck with the lotto!" The audience cheered and everyone started making there way backstage.

"What just happened?" Jefferson asked, a little overwhelmed by the loud noice. "I - I think Lin just proposed to Y/N." Washington said smiling.