11.B) Take Your Time.

"So what? He's nice anyways, he'll probably understand." You thought about it for a moment, hand grazing the front door knob.

"Do you think so?" It was obvious that you were skeptical, then again, he has been nice to you since your first encounter.

"Well yeah- I mean, I have known him longer than you," you rolled your eyes as he continued, "Plus, the online ordering system for pizza here still confuses me and there is no way I'm asking that bastard for help."

"You need to be nicer, he technically owns this house," you sat on the couch and pulled out your phone to open the local pizza place's website.

"He needs to stop being such a cunt," He huffed.

"Dude, watch your language- I have Carmen on speed-dial," In actuality, you couldn't care less about what profanity he exclaimed, however, you knew Carmen did.

"Calm down," he groaned. You helped him place his order and took the excess money for further use. "Okay, I'm leaving- love you." You kissed his head and walked out the door, practically hearing his bashfulness.

Pulling out of your driveway, you couldn't help but feel a lingering sense of anxiety overtaking your senses. Was it really okay to leave him waiting for so long? Wouldn't it be considered rude or give him the idea that you aren't very invested? I guess I'll find out when I get there... Chills ran up your spine, maybe I can just skip it altogether and go back home.

You turned right into the parking lot of a gloss black, one-story building with two large, tinted glass panes running across every visible side; As you got out of the car and approached the building, you noticed a thin border of white surrounding the panes. Walking in, you looked around and spotted Ruben near the entrance.

"Hey, I'm sorry for being late," you apologized, sitting down across from him, you took note of the sum of glasses on the table. "Were all of these beers?"

"Actually, one was a water FYI- why are you nearly 50 minutes late? Your house is ten minutes away," Annoyance was prominent in his voice, as was his ever-so-slightly drooped eyes. He's not drunk yet, but obviously is near.

"I had to help out Wiley, he's, shockingly, never actually ordered food in this country- but I'd guess it's basically the same as ordering in The States," you tried to laugh it off. Looking around, you wondered where the bar was located, though you failed to locate it, you knew it had to be connected nearby. You gazed down at the menu, quickly looking over it, you decided to eat wings.

Ruben flagged down the waitress, "I'd like to place another order on a drafted Guinness and they're ready to order," he gestured towards you. You glanced at his stack of glasses.

"You still have half of one left," glimpsing at the water glass, it was still three-fourths full.

"I'll chug it, no problem," Ruben stated, crinkling the corners of his eyes.

Turning to the waitress, you politely casted her smile," I'm sorry, I won't be ordering tonight," you gave her the menu and turned to Ruben.

"I'm leaving," you stood up when he stopped you by calling your name.

"What? Why?"

"Take a wild guess," you kept your voice lowered.

"Did you really expect me to eat without you?"

"I wouldn't have really cared if you did but being drunk before I even get here is kind of an issue, don't you think?" You questioned with a course of emotions flowing. Sure, you were part angry but you were mostly dominated by an annoyance of the entire situation.

"It isn't my fault you were forty-five minutes late."

"I'll talk to you later."

Continue? 15.0