5.0) Brotherly Advice

"C'mon, Sunshine, you're going to be late for work." You groaned, sitting up in bed. "Oh good, you're finally awake."

"What the hell are you doing in my room, Dr.Smiley?" You rubbed your eyes as Smiley proceeded to jump off your dresser.

"Well, you see, it gets quite lonely out there in the dark. So, I thought I'd be your personal alarm clock today." The doctor had his mask around his neck, which allowed you to see the smile that followed his comment. "Quite frankly, I think Kage will be pretty happy with me once he comes back. Afterall, I eliminated his competition in one day."

"What?" You practically screamed.

"I don't mean it literally. Remember? That fight you two had? Doesn't he usually call to wake you up?" Unfortunately, he was right. Hunter usually woke up before you and he always found amusement in hearing you tired, though he hadn't this morning.

"How did you k- Okay, just get out so I can go to work already." After a short 'Goodbye,' he hopped back out the window and you locked it behind him. Traveling over to the guest's room, you woke Wiley up then got yourself ready. You gave Hunter the keys and told him to get into the car while you dressed into your uniform quickly.

"Ready to get going?" You asked as you opened the driver's door. "What the fuck."

"Do you know him, sis? He said he's a friend of yours." Wiley asked curiously, referencing the man in the diver's seat- Dr.Smiley.

"Unfortunately, yes. Get out." You stood aside to let him exit your car.

"Aw, c'mon. You can't just let him walk if he's a friend of yours." You're so oblivious, Wiley. Dr.Smiley wiggled his eyebrows as you sat in the passenger's side. You looked into the backseat and saw your brother had earbuds in.

"When's Kagekao coming back?" You tried to sound casual.

"Why? You miss him already?"

"Not particularly, we hadn't talked much- but at least he doesn't sneak into my room in the middle of the night."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that," he mumbled. "It depends how long this job takes him. He's really good at what he does but sometimes he has... too much fun, you could say."

"What do you mean?" You looked over at Smiley.

"It's best not to question it, sweetheart," he winked. You made a mental note to see if you could find something on the internet- everything was on the internet. You sighed and continued the rest of the ride in silence. "And, here we are!" Dr.Smiley tossed the keys at you as both you and your brother headed for the door.

"Don't you need a vehicle to get back?" Wiley questioned.

"You could say my house is... near-by." After that, you pulled Wiley inside your job's building and sat him in a booth by a window.

"Stay here and absolutely do not cause a ruckus." You instructed before heading off to actually do your job.

After a few days of making Wiley tag along to work with you, everything seemed to be going smoothly. A bit too smoothly for the boy you were forced to know- and live with. So, of course, Wiley brought up a man with him to the counter as your shift ended. You went around the counter to greet the two.

"Who's your friend?" You blissfully smiled at Wiley. It's good for him to be meeting new people.

"He's Ruben." Wiley leaned towards you and whispered, "sis, I know how recently you haven't been going out on many dates and you don't really have many friends. So, I thought I would hook you up with someone. And let me tell you- this is a perfect match."

"W-Wiley!" You blushed at his comments. Psh, you had friends. You eyes drifted over to the man your brother was talking about. You had to admit, he was very handsome and seemed to be around your age. White lines ran throughout his dark-stained hair, making it seem as if they were glowing. You looked directly at Ruben to talk to him only to see his eyes wandering over your face, taking in every detail of your beauty. Finally, his eyes danced up to your own making him realize what he was doing.

"O-oh, I'm so sorry," he stuttered. "I hadn't meant to stare." It was now his turn to blush as he wiped his palms against his jeans. You sighed.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm afraid that I can't really go out with you. Don't get me wrong, you are really a catch- it's just I'm into someone else." You were lament, it's been days since you last talked to Hunter and getting with some other guy was in no way going to make you feel any better. After you cleared up the situation, you left with Wiley and entered the driver's side of your car.

"C'mon, it could have at least gotten your mind over your affairs." Wiley huffed.

"I know you're trying to help, but that isn't what I want." You could feel the grief tugging on your heart. How could Hunter be mad over such a little thing? How could he even begin to think that Wiley was only using you? Shouldn't he apologized by now? Thoughts raced through your mind causing tears to swell. You counted Hunter as your best friend since childhood and you never had gotten into a major fight with him before.

"You're in no condition to drive." Wiley placed his hand on your shoulder. "You should just call him if you're that worried, sis." You pulled out your phone and looked over at Wiley.

"I-I don't know."

A) "Maybe it will get better to just swallow my pride. I should hear him out."

B) "It's his fault we're even arguing. He needs to be the one to call."