9.B) Stay.

You studied the man closer, trying to note anything significant about him as your pulse quickened. (Y/N), it's okay. You're okay, you don't even know it's him- and you didn't, sure, he wore black, but what else was there to link him to Kagekao? Wine? Nope, he was drinking orange juice. Gloves? None. Mask? Hunter tried walking into here with a mask on once and got kicked out- if anyone tried to kick Kage out, he would create a scene in an attempt to kill them. All the pent-up anxiety and emotions washed away with the sound of you exhaling.

"You alright, (Y/N)?" Wiley questioned cautiously.

"Yeah," you nodded. I'm fine.

Hours later, you were soon over it. It was a crazy thought to assume an insane person like him would suddenly be infatuated with you; Perhaps everything up until that point was just a phase- an unsure stage he went through with the ideology that you weren't meant for him due to one stupid interaction you had with him outside of a restaurant- a false thought, if you will. Shopping with Wiley was really helping, even if you guys weren't actually shopping.

"Have you talked with Carmen lately?" Nonchalantly checking the price on an clothing item you thought was cute, you quickly put it back when you saw the price.

"I email her everyday before I go to bed," Wiley responded, he used to enjoy shopping at the mall- he found it a fun, easy way to get out of the house without having to actually spend any major money. Was he still into this? Does he like the outside world now? Does he prefer America? Does he believe Europe is trashy now that he's been out of state? You debated with yourself whether you should directly ask him but ultimately decided it would be weird.

"Do you ever actually call her though? You know how she gets."

"I try to at least every few days," You could feel the staleness of the conversation within the air.

"Are you excited for school?" You grasped at conversation topics, emailing was different from actually talking. There used to be a click between you two and there was still a bond, but you had to walk on cautious territory with him- what if you accidentally stepped on a landmine? He'd leave.

"I was kind of hoping to see some old friends but we're not even in the same area as we were growing up so it's pretty unlikely, but, from what I've read, it's larger than the one in America so I guess it'll be fun," the pair of you walked out of the store and into the food court. "How have you been though?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" You glanced at him.

"(Y/N). I was seven. Not only had you known him longer than I had, but you also ranked him higher than Hunter- don't you think that says a lot?"

"What do you want to eat?" You asked him.

"(Y/)-"

"Stop, Wiley. I love you and you're endearing, but we are so not having this conversation right now, so what do you want to eat?" He took a moment to collect himself and plan his next moves before he gave up and listed a generic food place within the strip. Stupid Wiley and his stupid need to talk through and be the bigger person about everything...

Continue? 11.0