The Trip

You had to fill in for the same waitress today. So an opening and mid-shift today. You saw the same man in the mask earlier as well. He seemed to be looking after the guy from yesterday, though the man had been with another woman this time. You took a sip of your water. Currently, you were on one of your many breaks you got today. Maybe the man in the mask was an assassin or perhaps a private investigator? You yawned. You would need to go back in soon to check on the man, he called himself KG... Or at least that was what was signed on the receipt. Your co-workers paid you ten dollars this time to take his order, though he only wanted wine, like last time. Standing with your glass of water, you were stopped by the same co-worker with blond hair. Alyssa. Stated her name tag. "Yes?" You questioned.

"Could you take out the garbage?" She asked you. You gaped at her then laughed lightly.

"I'm one of the managers."

"So, you won't take it out?" Disappointment clear in her voice.

"I'll take it out, but then I'm leaving. The man is my last table for the night and I'm fighting sleep here. Mind giving him his receipt for me?" You both shared a laugh before she agreed. You went into the kitchen and grabbed the two garbage bags that needed to be taken out. They were pretty heavy too. "Come on you darn door, open!" Just then the door budged and let you through, only for you to tumble due to the sudden movement. Trying to regain balance, you ended up bumping into something and went tumbling. You let go of the two bags and fell onto the floor head first. Though everything except your head hit the concrete. You looked up when you felt something moving beneath your chin. You saw that your head was resting on someone with a black jacket on and a scarf. Immediately recognizing who it was, you at up.

"I am really sorry, sir!" You stood up and bowed, knowing that he spoke Japanese this was your way of gaining his liking. Probably only because you were afraid of him. Upon hearing him laughing, you stood upright and tilted your head a bit.

"It's fine. After seeing your fall, it was worth it!" He laughed. His mask seemed to have shifted with the mouth and eye curvier. You couldn't help but laugh along with him. That was, before you noticed the mess.

"Shit!" You scolded yourself. Before you fell to your knees and began picking up the mess around you. As soon as your knees hit the floor, a sharp pain went through you, causing you to yelp. You shifted to look at them, only to see that they were bleeding pretty badly along with your elbows and hands. I mustn't have noticed due to the adrenaline rush. You sighed.

"Are you well?" The man asked seriously. Tears were welding in the corners of your eyes due to the pain.

"Yes. I'm fine, it's just I'm in a bit of predicament." You smiled and laughed before looking back down on the blood. It hurt terribly. You began trying to find some way to stand up, giving up a few moments later. It had tore right through your tights.

"Okay, well that's not going to work." He laughed. He then reached down to the skirt you were wearing.

"What're you doing?!" You questioned, flattening the fabric so he couldn't pull it.

"I'm going to rip the cloth so you can cover the wounds." He tried reaching for it again, but you stopped him.

"No no, don't do that." You laughed. "There should be some bandages inside, could you help me up?" You held out your hands and he grabbed your wrists so he wouldn't hurt you, pulling you up. You winced.

"I can walk inside from here, thank you.. uh.."

"You may call me Kagekao!" His smile on his mask grew again.

"I'm (Y/N). Come again soon, Kagekao." You turned around and limped back inside, quickly catching the eyes of a few co-workers.

"Oh my god, are you alright (Y/N)?!" One of them asked. A few ran off while the other set you down in the back office. They came back a few moments later with bandages and alcohol, patching you up. You tried standing up before one of them pushed you back down.

"You can't get up! Your wounds need to heal, we'll call someone for you." You sighed. Marianne. That was her name.

"Marianne, I am fine. I can drive."

"Nonsense! I'll just call that boyfriend of yours." That's it. You're dead to me. You thought. Only another person to remind you that you couldn't have Hunter.

"He's not my boyfriend!" You blushed.

"Sure he isn't, I'll go call him now." Once you heard the door shut, you got up.

"Fuck!" You whisper-yelled as you stumbled into a wall. You used the walls as support, these cuts hurt. You made you way out the back and gasped. There was no trash on the floor. No way any of the employees here did it, they were too occupied to be able to. You smiled, Kagekao must've done it. The door suddenly shot open, hitting you in the face. You pinched your nose and tilted your head back when you felt it start to bleed.

"Oh my god. I am so sorry." You heard Marriane.

"No, no, it's cool!" Dead. I'm not joking. She took you back inside, blaming you for the nose bleed and shortly after, Hunter came in.

"Wow. Were you in the middle of a turf war?"

You rolled your eyes.

"Haha, very funny." You said sarcastically. "Help me up, would'ya?" You held your hands out.

"I'll do one better."

"Wha-" He grabbed you and began carrying you bridal style.

"Hunter, put me down! I can walk just fine on my own! I am wearing a skirt!"

"Irrelevant!"