I Sea A Love Growing

I am aware that this makes no sense :D

Also, the title is a very lame attempt at a pun. I'd gladly take title suggestions

Or, you know, suggestions on how to burn this

>.<

There are so many interesting finds down deep in the ocean, from sunken treasure chests to seashells stuck between rocks to different fishes and corals.

And Kurt loves it. He loves going on adventures and finding these objects, bringing them back to the lair he's kind of made for himself behind this big rock. He's alone, always alone, but collecting antiquities and journeying the ocean keeps him occupied, has been for a very long time.

A very. Long time. I'm talking centuries here of a lonesome life. All his family have already started their new lives above the surface but he's still left down here. You see, travelling above the surface takes power that can only be gained from loving and being loved back.

His father, for example, had gone looking for his love and he'd found her and immediately fell in love with her. Everyone was devastated when Burt came back down to the ocean. Kurt was devastated especially, setting his father up with the cute guy's mother who'd also gone through a loss. In retrospect, it wasn't that great of an idea concerning his crush but it worked out in the end, Finn finding his own love soon after. Kurt has no idea where they are now but he's learned not to care too much.

Mercedes had been company for quite a long time but even she gained the key to the life up above eventually, leaving him behind.

Kurt still has no clue how the whole baby thing works. Like, how do two humans have a baby mermaid that ends up in the ocean? Well, he's certainly not about to ask because even though he's been alive for centuries, he'd like to keep his innocence.

But the one thing that he's learned is that mermen don't love mermen. They never have except for the one time where two mermaids finally worked up the courage to be together after decades of hiding. Nobody loves him as more than a friend. Finn had no interest in him as he was pining after that Rachel girl. Sam had fallen in love with Mercedes before Kurt could even do anything about his crush.

Nobody in this goddamn ridiculously huge ocean loves him.

Introduction aside, let's see how the human  fell in love with the merman.

*

There's a sort of trail of something shiny falling down to where Kurt is sitting. He's seen it before but he doesn't know what it's called. They're round with faces on them, faces that look so ridiculous Kurt has to giggle a little. They're all strict like they haven't had fun in ages.

The shiny things could be harmful, though, so it'd be better to get rid of them.

Kurt hasn't looked up to the surface in a long time. One time he swam up and was lucky enough to see Mercedes and they'd talked for a while, Mercedes teaching him some words she'd learnt from the humans' language. Now he's curious for what or who he'll see.

Any mermaid can travel to the surface, but none can make it all the way to the land without the gift of legs that comes with finding love. So, Kurt keeps swimming up until he sees a clear sky. Looking straight ahead, he's met with the sight of a human that looks to be the same size as Kurt (he's definitely not the same age, but they may be if they were the same species). He's wearing a confused expression, that turns to shock, and then a hint of fear and amazement mishmashed together.

"Hello," Kurt says because that's what you're supposed to say when you meet someone, right?

"Hi," the human cocks his head to the side slightly. Is there an actual real life mermaid in front of him? There are too many things running through his head to actually fully comprehend the situation. Instead of running, though, he asks, "Where did you come from?"

"Ocean," Kurt points below him and looks back up into those warming gold eyes. Are all humans this beautiful?

Blaine frowns a little. The ocean is huge. "Are you a mermaid?"

Well, there's one thing he never thought he'd say.

Kurt crosses his arms at this and loses his smile. He's obviously offended. "Man," he states simply. The human nods and sits down on the sand.

Now they're basically face-to-face and Blaine still has no clue why he's still here and looking at a merman.

"Why are you here?"

Kurt goes through the mental dictionary he's built up over time and remembers what he actually came for. "Danger," he points at the shiny objects that Blaine is still holding a few of in his hand.

"Oh, these? They're only coins. But you're probably right. I guess I'll stop if you want me to."

"Yes," Kurt says (he probably meant to say "thank you" but Blaine understands anyway). "Why do you throw these "coins" in ocean?"

"I'm trying to make my wish come true."

*

How does it happen for a teenage boy to become friends with a mermaid? That's some messed up shit to an outsider, but to Kurt and Blaine it grows into a normal thing. Blaine's heard the rumours before, that the species could exist, but he's never thought much of it.

How does it happen for a teenage boy to fall in love with a mermaid? For Blaine that's easy. One look at Kurt's cerulean eyes that match the ocean on a sunny day (really, the gold flecks in his eyes are just like the sun's dappled rays on the water's surface) cause him so many mixed emotions that he rather just trades it out for one.

When you think about it, there's not much of a difference between them. It's only that Kurt doesn't have legs while Blaine does, and Kurt's spent his whole, long, life living in the ocean.

Okay, they're big differences.

But apparently neither of them care, so why worry?

Blaine comes back to "their place" (he's dubbed it "somewhere only we know") as often as possible when his friends aren't dragging him to parties so that he can enjoy his summer. Spending time with Kurt is enjoyment enough, though.

On a Tuesday (he will always remember that day, no doubts about it) Blaine finds Kurt sitting on the sand wearing clothes. Regular, teenage boy clothes (with a feminine twist that looks oh so amazing). He's also wearing a grin. And legs.

Through Kurt's limited English, Blaine had found out the general story behind these creatures and their ways and he's confused for a second. And then, he thinks, he loves me back.

Blaine helps Kurt stand up and throws an arm around his waist, laughing.

There are a lot of things they have to figure out now (like, a lot), but what's it matter when their lips and hearts are connected at last?

His wish came true for the first time ever.

>.<

Oh gosh, I'm getting super bored of this book. If you don't get an update for a decade or so, dw. I'll most likely still be alive and kicking(/screaming/crying at Chris Colfer to stop being so fucking perfect)

Sometimes I wish I were one of those writers that doesn't feel the need to edit the shit out of everything (except this one. This one was too cringy to revise)

I hope you want to burn this as much as I do *big fake smile*