Different

Random word fic.

I was just about to make them Quirrell and Voldemort and make them sing but decided against it for some foolish reason.

>.<

Blaine's been in love before. There was that assistant manager at the Gap in high school (that one wasn't quite love but he was convinced at the time). There was a guy he fawned over for three years in college before finally deciding to try to leave that behind and pursue a real relationship. There was his boyfriend in his last year of college with the dazzling smile and bright green eyes. There was the guy he dated for five years, record time for Blaine, who he really thought he wanted to settle down with.

None of those worked out in the end. He believes he was made to go through all that just to meet Kurt, the interesting man who he couldn't stop staring at from his office cubicle.

"Looking at something, Anderson?" Kurt turned around in his spinning chair, teasing grin on his face.

"You caught me," Blaine laughed and played along.

"Am I that interesting that you've spent the last," he checked his watch, "six minutes looking at me?"

"Of course you are."

"What are you doing tonight?"

"Taking you out to this cute restaurant I know."

"Oh nice," Kurt gleamed, "I was going to suggest takeout but I think I prefer your selection. It's a date." He spun back in his chair to face his computer as if nothing had just happened.

*

"Oh my God. This food is divine," Kurt said after swallowing another bite.

"I know!" Blaine agreed. "I used to come here quite often. I'm glad I found an excuse to go again."

"So I'm just an excuse to eat at an amazing restaurant?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Well I'll take it if it means we can go here again."

*

"Biggest fear?" Blaine asked.

Kurt answered, "Probably losing people I love. Best childhood memory?"

"My older brother finally praising me for something instead of telling me how crap I was. What would you name your celebrity child?"

"Fettuccine Alfredo."

"Little Feta."

"Yeah," Kurt giggled. It made Blaine fall in love with him that much more.

Blaine thought he'd never find true love and he never stopped believing that until he got Kurt into his life. Sure, he's been in love (loosely) before, but with Kurt it's different. He's actually in love this time and he knows it.