Together At Last

"Yeah, so that's settled. Tonight at 7 at Breadstix, a double date. Bye Blaine." Kurt was happy. He and his best friend had just finished a phone call involving Blaine suggesting a double date. Kurt would bring Dave and Blaine would bring Sebastian.

For some reason, Kurt enjoyed the double dates the most. He had no clue why but they were just so much more interesting than a night out with his boyfriend. The giddy teenage boy hurried off to share the news.

*

"Bye Blaine." Yes! Another fun evening out coming up! These occasional double dates were a much-needed break from high school. Spending time with his best friend was a huge plus.

That's when he felt a pair of familiar arms wrap around his waist from behind. "Sebby?" he asked, supposedly taking a guess. It couldn't be anyone else.

"Ah, how did you know?"

Blaine turned around with a chuckle to press a chaste kiss to his boyfriend's lips. Chaste because he felt like he was missing something from his life. But every time he thought about it, he just shrugged it off. "We should get ready soon. Tonight is another double date night."

Sebastian internally frowned at his boyfriend. He always acted so excited... so much happier when Kurt was involved. He was at that point where he was wondering if there was something more. He wanted the best for Blaine, he really did. Then he just pulled himself out of his haze to get back to the present.

*

"Are you ready to go, Baby?" Dave called across the room to Kurt who was spraying his hair with hairspray. The boy looked perfect, for lack of a better word. Like even more than usual. It's as if he needed to impress someone. Karofsky had told him a million times before that he would love Kurt no matter what he looked like. So it definitely wasn't Dave he was dressing up for.

His theory of there being something deeper was reinforced when Kurt started making his way to the car, only giving his boyfriend a short kiss on the forehead on the way.

Dave and Kurt got in their car, buckled up, and hit the road. They had reservations at Breadstix as it was the most common place for them to go to on double dates.

By the time they arrived, Blaine and Sebastian had already been seated for around 5 minutes. They quickly took their seats at the booth, Kurt taking his spot opposite Blaine and Dave taking the remaining space.

Blaine and Sebastian were in the middle of a conversation when the other couple arrived. Blaine turned his head and gave off that brilliant smile of his to the new arrivals. "David, Kurt! I'm so glad you're here now. One of the waitresses came by to ask for drinks so I just ordered a Coke for you and water for you. Is that alright?" he gestured to each boy as he spoke.

"Thank you, Blaine. So, what were you two talking about?" Kurt questioned.

"Oh funny you should ask. We were actually just talking about you. Remember the other day in Glee Club when you actually caused Santana to be speechless?"

At this statement, Kurt had to laugh a little, "Indeed I do remember that incident. I never thought I had it in me to call her a 'low life bitch who feeds on the weaknesses of others to hide her own clearly visible insecurities'."

So they went on about their recent experiences in Glee Club, Sebastian and David only casually joining in. At one point they had started to low-key flirt with each other. Blaine was paying Kurt compliments and Kurt couldn't stop himself from blushing. This happened almost every time they were together, were their boyfriends around or not.